[comp.sys.apple2] 0308

larry@lablues.UUCP (Lawrance A. Schneider) (05/27/91)

I also am having trouble with error 0308.  When I use my copy of Apple's
disk for determining what is the problem with a system, (diagnostics 3.0), I
sometimes get a crash.  Sometimes I get an error about RAM, and sometimes an
error about Serial Port crystal.  Any Ideas?  Could it be my power supply.
Why would the test show different things wrong if it were not the power
supply?  I'm sure that Apple will tell me to take it to the dealer, but they
atre closed.  The other dealer was told to choose whether to support Apple
or Messy DOS; He made the correct business decision!  In any event, I'm
perty much on my own.  Thanks for any help.     Larry

geniusman@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Chris Moylan) (05/29/91)

Apple //gs Diagnostic programs?  Where did you pick these up?  I need some
because I get scattered GS errors, and sometimes I think there's something
wrong with my hardware, I do have a lot of stuff inside it! :)

Chris
Chris Moylan
ProLine:  geniusman@pro-hindugods
Internet: geniusman@pro-hindugods.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-hindugods!geniusman
ARPA:     crash!pro-hindugods!geniusman@nosc.mil

WAXMONRW@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (05/29/91)

Chris Moylan said:

>Apple //gs Diagnostic programs?  Where did you pick these up?  I need some
>because I get scattered GS errors, and sometimes I think there's something
>wrong with my hardware, I do have a lot of stuff inside it! :)

They are Diagnostic Disks. As to were I got mine from, that is a good
question! Unfortunately, I do not know the answer. I think I acquired
mine with one of the GS's our college bought. Unfortunately, mine is
Vers. 2.0, dated 1986, and a ROM 03 machine will fail the ROM/CPU test. I
have seen reference from someone (Larry ?) of a version 3.0. I did not,
however, get a Diagnostic Disk when I purchased my ROM 03 machine.

Ray Waxmonsky (waxmonrw@snybufva)
Dept. of Geography
Buffalo State College

drudman@hpcc01.HP.COM (Drew Rudman) (05/30/91)

Did you boot your machine from the Apple II diagnostics diskette, or laucnch
it from the finder?  I remember having tons of problems when using the diags
after launching it from the finder.  Try booting the machine straight from
the diskette to see if that removes the intermittency.  Also, try the built
in ROM diagnostics (CTRL-OA-CA-RESET).

[ Call...              9600bps/60meg ][ Drew Rudman                          ]
[            The Charge              ][                                      ]
[   Apple ][              IBM        ][ Internet: drudman@hpiosa.corp.hp.com ]
[          (415) 321-4713            ][ The Charge BBS: Axe Slinger (#1)     ]