[comp.sys.apple2] Typical Super Serial woes...

mcl9337@harpo.tamu.edu (LOWE, MARK CHRISTOPHER) (05/30/91)

This has to be the oldest question in the book, but I never had to deal with
it before.  Back in the old days, I used a ProModem 1200a internal modem and
never had any kind of data transmission problems.  I have since resurrected my
//e and am currently using an external modem with the Super Serial Card ][.

And I am experiencing the standard SSC problem... losing characters.  Now, what
is it that my old ProModem did right that this SSC is NOT doing?  This is
driving me nuts!  I can't even use ZModem without getting twice as many errors
as blocks transferred!

And please don't suggest the old standby "have the other end send nulls after
linefeeds."  There's more to this than that!

HELP!

Mark C. "Bro!" Lowe - KB5III

Sir Briggs of the SouthCentral Discount Waremeisters and The Legion

(Now both defunct as far as I know!)  :-)

In article <16658@helios.TAMU.EDU> mcl9337@harpo.tamu.edu writes:
>This has to be the oldest question in the book, but I never had to deal with
>it before.  Back in the old days, I used a ProModem 1200a internal modem and
>And I am experiencing the standard SSC problem... losing characters.  Now, what
>is it that my old ProModem did right that this SSC is NOT doing?  This is
>driving me nuts!  I can't even use ZModem without getting twice as many errors
>as blocks transferred!

	This oughta go in the FAQ.

	Toggle Switch 2-6 on the SSC and your problems are automagically
solved.
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       Apple IIGS Forever!        unknown@cats.ucsc.edu\
|WANT to help get ULTIMA VI //e or GS written?-mail me. CHEAP CD info-mail me.|