[comp.sys.apple2] Proterm 2.2 startup file

Alex_Sirota@um.cc.umich.edu (05/30/91)

Ok. I have Proterm 2.2 and I want to know why PT.STARTUP doesn't work
when proterm starts up. The same file that worked in 2.1 doesn't in 2.2.
All I did was dial a number
#<DIAL><blah blah>

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (05/30/91)

Alex_Sirota@um.cc.umich.edu writes:

>Ok. I have Proterm 2.2 and I want to know why PT.STARTUP doesn't work
>when proterm starts up. The same file that worked in 2.1 doesn't in 2.2.
>All I did was dial a number
>#<DIAL><blah blah>

This is the same question I've posted twice to this newsgroup and instead
of getting an answer everybody just sites other comparisons between 2.2 and
2.1.  Maybe someone will give us an answer this time.

BTW: it's not just the PT.STARTUP, it's the OA-F macros that worked on 2.1
     and don't work on 2.2.
| Move over Rover &  |Email Addresses: Kent Squires "goo goo g'joob"      |
| let Jimi take over!|                Internet: kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu |
| -------------------|                 ProLine: kents@pro-apa             |
| I wouldn't do it   |_______   America OnLine: kents12                   |
| for all the farms in Cuba! |         FidoNet: 233/15  Kent Squires      |
|____________________________|____________________________________________|

In article <1991May30.012253.19380@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) writes:
>Alex_Sirota@um.cc.umich.edu writes:
>>Ok. I have Proterm 2.2 and I want to know why PT.STARTUP doesn't work
>>when proterm starts up. The same file that worked in 2.1 doesn't in 2.2.
>>All I did was dial a number
>>#<DIAL><blah blah>
>BTW: it's not just the PT.STARTUP, it's the OA-F macros that worked on 2.1
>     and don't work on 2.2.

	No insinuations this time.. (Don't want some general or anyone
getting mad).. but it would seem logical that this sort of discrepancy
would be discussed in the manual.

	Is it? If not, the manual would explain how to write completely
NEW startup files. (That is, not converting your old ones, but writing new
ones)
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       Apple IIGS Forever!        unknown@cats.ucsc.edu\
|WANT to help get ULTIMA VI //e or GS written?-mail me. CHEAP CD info-mail me.|

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (05/31/91)

unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:

>	No insinuations this time.. (Don't want some general or anyone
>getting mad).. but it would seem logical that this sort of discrepancy
>would be discussed in the manual.

>	Is it? If not, the manual would explain how to write completely
>NEW startup files. (That is, not converting your old ones, but writing new
>ones)

Gee, in the confusing event of moving to a summer apartment, I must have
misplaced my manual.  Anybody have any insight on how to write macros for
ProTERM v2.2? I really don't want to wait until I fall when I should
uncover my manual.