[comp.sys.apple2] ProDOS renumber program

parkern@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Neil Parker) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May31.193204.8485@unlinfo.unl.edu> greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) writes:
>apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Amrit Chauhan) writes:
>[vast quantities of text deleted to save space...]
>>About the renumbering program, if you really want to make serious changes to
>>the system, you as a hopefully knowledgable programmer sure as hell better
>>have a renumbering program!
>
>I do.  It's in DOS 3.3.  Not very useful there.  Doesn't like ProDOS much.
>My filing system for back A+/inCider issues is pretty poor, but I think I
>saw a modification which would make RENUMBER work in ProDOS.  Anyone want
>to save me the time?

Sure. :-)  I don't have back-issues of A+/inCider, but I do have a solution
that's probably better...

There was a ProDOS renumber utility posted to comp.binaries.apple2 a couple
of years ago.  It's available on several of the FTP sites--for example:

brownvm.brown.edu, directory LISTSERV.193, file APPLE2-L.89-01346
apple2.archive.umich.edu, directory /apple2/8bit/utils, file renumber.bsc

	       - Neil Parker
--
Neil Parker                 No cute ASCII art...no cute quote...no cute
parkern@jacobs.cs.orst.edu  disclaimer...no deposit, no return...

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (06/01/91)

parkern@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Neil Parker) writes:

>There was a ProDOS renumber utility posted to comp.binaries.apple2 a couple
>of years ago.  It's available on several of the FTP sites--for example:

>brownvm.brown.edu, directory LISTSERV.193, file APPLE2-L.89-01346
>apple2.archive.umich.edu, directory /apple2/8bit/utils, file renumber.bsc

Program Writer also allows renumbering, along with very good BASIC editing.
| Move over Rover &  |Email Addresses: Kent Squires "goo goo g'joob"      |
| let Jimi take over!|                Internet: kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu |
| -------------------|                 ProLine: kents@pro-apa             |
| I wouldn't do it   |_______   America OnLine: kents12                   |
| for all the farms in Cuba! |         FidoNet: 233/15  Kent Squires      |