[comp.sys.apple2] Snake Byte

gray@ibis.cs.umass.edu (Lyle Gray) (05/24/91)

Some time ago I had a copy of the Snake Byte game for my Apple //e.  I have
since lost the diskette (I've moved 6 times since those days).  I heard at the
time that Snake Byte had been public domain.  I was wondering if anyone knows
if this is true, and if it is, where I could get a copy?

I need a text copy (that is, a straight, uncompressed text file) of the
source, since I do not have a direct connection between by IIgs and Internet
(no comm software or modem on my machine).

=----=

I read recent comments regarding Stellar 7 and Global War.  I have them both
(although I modified my Global War to actually be robust).  They are both
great games, even if they weren't written for the latest and greatest Apple
//-series computers.

Lyle H. Gray                        Internet (personal): gray@cs.umass.edu
Quodata Corporation             Phone: (203) 728-6777, FAX: (203) 247-0249
The opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author.

granite@pro-merlin.cts.com (George 'Chip' Griffin) (05/28/91)

I have a copy of that ... let me see what I can do.  I also have thousands of
other old Apple II programs, most of which I can't or don't use anymore.  If
nothing else, I could agree to send it to you snail mail for cheap.

 'Chip' G. E. Griffin    |   Local          : Granite
  128 Smith Avenue       |   ProLine        : granite@pro-merlin
  Norwich, CT  06360     |   America Online : Emmet2
_________________________|________________________________________

                  Live free or die.

gray@ibis.cs.umass.edu (Lyle Gray) (06/01/91)

Okay, I now know who originally distributed Snake Byte:  sirius.  Does anyone
know if this company is still around, and what their address is?  Thank you.

rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Roby Sherman) (06/01/91)

In <31396@dime.cs.umass.edu> gray@ibis.cs.umass.edu (Lyle Gray) writes:

>Okay, I now know who originally distributed Snake Byte:  sirius.  Does anyone
>know if this company is still around, and what their address is?  Thank you.

Sirius has not been in business for many years. The only member of the old
Sirius staff that is still in the game market is Nasir Gebelli, he now
writes Nintendo Games... His company wrote 2 3-d games called "The Battles
of 3-d World Runner" and "Rad Racer" which were distributed by Akklaim
Entertainment. You might want to try and reach him through Akklaim
the address is :

       Akklaim Entertainment
       P.O. box 606
       Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0606

				  Roby

--
   "Aha! Just as I suspected! My evil Arch Nemesis, Mom-Lady!..." -- Calvin