[comp.sys.apple2] Problems unpacking Musicmod and Superconvert Demo

prophet@oxy.edu (Dale Bruce LaFountain) (05/31/91)

Has anyone else had problems unpacking these two files?

I downloaded them from tybalt just a few minutes ago, and both Binscii
and Gscii+ v2.1 unpacked them into 'unrecognized file formats'.  Neither
Gshk v1.04 nor Shrinkit v3.2.3 could make any sense of any of the .shk files.

Gscii gave a Bad CRC error, but Binscii didn't complain.  I did happen
to notice that the 'F' was missing from the 'FiLeStArTfIlEsTaRt' at the
beginning of the files, but the second line appeared to be fine
(it had one character before the beginning of the file name).

I will download these files again when I have a chance to see if this was
caused by human (or should that be computer?) error.

Thanks,

Dale LaFountain
prophet@oxy.edu

jpenne@ee.ualberta.ca (Jerry Penner) (06/02/91)

In article <172125@tiger.oxy.edu> prophet@oxy.edu (Dale Bruce LaFountain) writes:
>Has anyone else had problems unpacking these two files?
>
>I downloaded them from tybalt just a few minutes ago, and both Binscii
>and Gscii+ v2.1 unpacked them into 'unrecognized file formats'.  Neither
>Gshk v1.04 nor Shrinkit v3.2.3 could make any sense of any of the .shk files.

I just ftp'd and downloaded Superconvert Demo from Tybalt yesterday
and it worked fine.  Note that I always un-binscii everything on my
unix account (sciibin) since that shortens the DL time by a lot.  And
I also use Nulib (thanks Andy McFadden) on my unix account to verify
that any shrinkit archive is OK before I DL it.
--
      Jerry Penner	  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
jpenne@bode.ee.ualberta.ca	  or	   alberta!bode!jpenne