[comp.sys.apple2] ListControl Question

tooly@zelator.uucp (Theo Schneider) (05/30/91)

Hi there,

i convert (Complete Pascal) any LongInteger in an String, via
myString := LongInt2String (myLongInt);

then i set the Pointer in my memRec to this String. Then i create
via NewList2 the List. All work fine but in the ListControl on the
Screen you see all Numbers twice like this example :

     _____________
    |  1    1   | |
    |  2    2   | |
    |  3    3   | |
    ---------------

I check the String{{xDw3, so i print it to the Screen via 'DrawString'
and it look's ok. But alltime in the ListControl it prints the number twice.

t(I hope YOU can help me !!

Thanks and best regards from Germany

  Theo

--

   | Theo Schneider       |\| UUCP      : tooly@zelator.in-berlin.de |
   | Babelsberger Str. 40 |/| GEnie     : T.Schneider6               |

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A Lyons) (06/03/91)

In article <YXDRIBR@zelator.uucp> tooly@zelator.uucp (Theo Schneider) writes:
>[...]
>then i set the Pointer in my memRec to this String. Then i create
>via NewList2 the List. All work fine but in the ListControl on the
>Screen you see all Numbers twice like this example :
>
>     _____________
>    |  1    1   | |
>    |  2    2   | |
>    |  3    3   | |
>    ---------------

Maybe this is the problem, maybe not:  Make sure you have set the port
to the window containing your list control, before making a call like
NewList2.  (This is mentioned in GS Technical Note #24.)

If your window has frame scroll bars, then try StartDrawing instead of
SetPort, since StartDrawing will set your port's origin according to
the scroll bars.
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II System Software Engineer         |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.