[comp.sys.apple2] SetBarColors

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (02/02/91)

I am using SetBarColors() to set the colors in the menu bar and am having
trouble referencing just where to get the values for these colors. I've
looked at the QuickDraw section in toolbox #2 but I can't seem to relate
the color values given there to the ones expected by SetBarColors. Can
anyone help?

albert

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (06/01/91)

actually, the question i should have asked was:

how can i get dithered colors for my menu bar strings (names and items)?

albert

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A Lyons) (06/03/91)

In article <3698@kluge.fiu.edu> acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) writes:
>actually, the question i should have asked was:
>
>how can i get dithered colors for my menu bar strings (names and items)?
>
>albert

Well, you could try setting the use-all-four-color-bits flag in the FontFlags
of the Menu Manager port.

There is no guarantee that this will work--but if it does, let me know, and
I'll make a point of not breaking it.
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II System Software Engineer         |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.