[comp.sys.apple2] Orca/C & the TaskManager

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A Lyons) (06/03/91)

In article <1991May23.213900.20570@webo.dg.com> bkahn@archive.webo.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) writes:
>I've been having some headaches w/the TaskManager after upreving to Orca/C 1.2
>that I think I've traced partly to the include files.  The windows.h file
>defines WmTaskRec as being an EventRec even though they have totally
>different structures. [...]

And how does it define an EventRec?  Hopefully it's 46(?) bytes long, or there
is a big problem in the interfaces.

A plain event record is 16 bytes, and the Task Record and Extended Task
Record are extensions of the event record.  That is, they are longer, but
the first 16 bytes are the same.  An extended task record is a strict
extension of a task record, too.

If the interfaces want to call everything an event record & use the longest
of these structures, that won't cause any problems (it would just waste a
few bytes if you *really* wanted a 16-byte event record & let the
compiler allocate space for a static event record).
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II System Software Engineer         |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.