[comp.sys.apple2] BBS and Program Writer

warren.e@pro-beagle.cts.com (Warren Ernst) (06/04/91)

I've got a lot of unanswerable mail about Program Writer, from BEagle Bros.
To all those who didn't get return mail from me, check this out.

oh well. Anyway, Program Writer is a full screen editor for
AppleSoft, not a mere line editor like GPLE or GALE. It works just
like a word processor does, and most of its commands work just like
AppleWorks. From the ] prompt, you can get into it by simply typing
&& (thats 2 ampersands) and BOOM, you're editing.

        With it, you can insert, delete, find and replace, runumber,
copy and paste, delete lines, add new lines with auto-line nubering,
insert control chgaracters, split a line in 2, list all the
variables in a program, convert upper/lowercase, and copy lines
between programs.

        The editor is memory resident, hidden from your own BASIC
programs, It is always available once it is installed. Because the
program relocates itself, it should be compatible  with most other
machine language utilities you are already using.

        I just copied those last 2 paragraphs from the manual. I was
at Beagle Bros (the authors of program writer) for two years as tech
support guy, and let me tall you, all of the above is 100% Gods
honest truth! In my opinion, this is the BEST Beagle Program ever.
It also has macros, like UltraMacros. It TOTALLY transforms
AppleSoft programming. Even if you only touch AppleSoft once a
month, this program is worth it! Lets see, the current Beagle
catalog has it listed at $49.95 plus shipping. Call beagle at (619)
452-5500 or 1(800)345-1750, if it works from wherever you are
calling. You might be able to get it for less from mail order too. I
have yet to see a program that it is incompatible with, and it will
use your extra 64 of 128 k if you have it.

Glad I could help you out, oh and send any future mail to this
address, if you can. Hasta!

-Warr
('nuf said)
| Warren Ernst                  || & This is called an ampersand.         |
|  warren.e@pro-Beagle.cts.com  || @ This is called an at sign.           |
|  wernst@ucsd.edu              || * This is called an asterisk.          |
|                     GEnie too || ] This is called a square bracket.     |
+-------------------------------+| ) This is called a parenthesis.        |
|1HOME:INVERSE2X=RND(1)*24+1:VTA|| # This is called a pound sign.         |
|BX:HTABX:?X;:HTAB26-X:?X;:GOTO2|| ^ This is called a little pointy thing.|