[comp.sys.apple2] AW 3.0 <--> ProTERM Editor v2.2

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (06/02/91)

Here's a little "bug" (I guess) I encountered when loading an AppleWorks 3.0
WP file into the ProTERM Editor v2.2.  There's inverse "VWWWW"s here and there
and also an ocaisional inverse "P".  What's the deal?
| Move over Rover &  |Email Addresses: Kent Squires "goo goo g'joob"      |
| let Jimi take over!|                Internet: kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu |
| -------------------|                 ProLine: kents@pro-apa             |
| I wouldn't do it   |_______   America OnLine: kents12                   |
| for all the farms in Cuba! |         FidoNet: 233/15  Kent Squires      |
|____________________________|____________________________________________|

<R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET> (06/03/91)

I think you're getting those inverse characters because the ProTERM Editor
v2.2 is not compatible with AppleWorks v3.0.  I tried to load an AppleWorks
file into ProTERM but it didn't work. I guess we'll have to wait for
ProTERM v3.0 whenever that comes out!

As long as we're on the subject of Proterm, I've been having trouble getting
my printer to work with it.  I have the ImageWriter II with Applied
Engineering's Serial Pro in slot 1.  I have no problems printing with any
other program, except Proterm.  Is this another bug in v2.2??  If it's not
a bug, can someone help me with this problem?  Thanks.
Also, has anyone noticed that when the time is 12:00 am, Proterm still
displays the date of the previous day? Now that I know is a bug!

---------------------
William Katz 'The skier'

Internet: wkatz@gnh-applesauce.cts.com
Bitnet: r79qc@cunyvm
CompuServe: 70031,3015    (If I have any free time left.)

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (06/03/91)

>Also, has anyone noticed that when the time is 12:00 am, Proterm still
>displays the date of the previous day? Now that I know is a bug!

I've noticed that, too.  It happend on v2.1 and I thi
nk 2.0

>I think you're getting those inverse characters because the ProTERM Editor
>v2.2 is not compatible with AppleWorks v3.0.  I tried to load an AppleWorks
>file into ProTERM but it didn't work. I guess we'll have to wait for
>ProTERM v3.0 whenever that comes out!

Didn't ProTERM v2.2 come out about the same time AW 3.0 did?

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) (06/03/91)

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) writes:

>Here's a little "bug" (I guess) I encountered when loading an AppleWorks 3.0
>WP file into the ProTERM Editor v2.2.  There's inverse "VWWWW"s here and there
>and also an ocaisional inverse "P".  What's the deal?

ProTERM doesn't load AppleWorks 3.0 files properly.  Files prepared with
older versions will load properly.

Myself, since I got ProTERM, I haven't booted AppleWorks, old or new.

--
///   ____   \\\ "The major problem--one of the major problems, for there are
| |/ /    \ \| |       several--one of the many major problems with governing
 \\_|\____/|_//            people is of whom you get to do it, or more to the
greg \_\\\/ hoss.unl.edu    point, who gets people to let them do it to them."

jpenne@ee.ualberta.ca (Jerry Penner) (06/03/91)

In article <91153.171541R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET> R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:
[appleworks file loading stuff deleted]

>As long as we're on the subject of Proterm, I've been having trouble getting
>my printer to work with it.  I have the ImageWriter II with Applied
>Engineering's Serial Pro in slot 1.  I have no problems printing with any
>other program, except Proterm.  Is this another bug in v2.2??  If it's not
>a bug, can someone help me with this problem?  Thanks.

Hmmm..  We'd need a little more info to help you on that.  ProTERM's
editor always printed fine for me.  [ I just wish you could specify more
than 99 chars/line and more than 99 lines/page.  I can quite easily
print 160 chars/line and 158 lines/page (mind you it's small :-) ]
Does it print at all for you?

>Also, has anyone noticed that when the time is 12:00 am, Proterm still
>displays the date of the previous day? Now that I know is a bug!

Yes, I've noticed this a lot.  I also think it should print 12:00:xx
instead of 0:00:xx when it's 12:00 midnight.  Since there is a teensy
bit of GS-specific code in ProTERM already, I think they should get
the time from the toolbox so it comes up in the format I set in the
control panel.  And I think it should print time on-line in seconds as
well as minutes.  And a bunch more things....  I could go on .... :-)
--
      Jerry Penner	  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
jpenne@bode.ee.ualberta.ca	  or	   alberta!bode!jpenne

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) (06/04/91)

jpenne@ee.ualberta.ca (Jerry Penner) writes:

>R79QC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:

>>Also, has anyone noticed that when the time is 12:00 am, Proterm still
>>displays the date of the previous day? Now that I know is a bug!

>Yes, I've noticed this a lot.

Still, not a serious bug.  Television guides often list hours up to 4:30
am as the previous day.

>I also think it should print 12:00:xx
>instead of 0:00:xx when it's 12:00 midnight.

The correct way to represent midnight on a 24-hour-format clock is
00:00 (disregarding seconds).  12:00 is noon.

>Since there is a teensy
>bit of GS-specific code in ProTERM already, I think they should get
>the time from the toolbox so it comes up in the format I set in the
>control panel.

Now that is a good idea.  However, you'll need extra space for your am/pm
indicator.

>And I think it should print time on-line in seconds as
>well as minutes.

Not all clocks provide seconds, so'll they would have to configure for
different clock abilities as well.

>      Jerry Penner  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
>jpenne@bode.ee.ualberta.ca  or	   alberta!bode!jpenne

Good ideas though.  Perhaps you should send them in to InSync and see if
they are willing to put them into 3.0.