[comp.sys.apple2] FTP Sites

jayg@wpi.wpi.edu (Jay Giurleo) (03/24/90)

   I was wondering if someone could Email a list of FTP Sites that
would have decent file libraries for either the Apple II series, Mac, or PC.
 Thanks...
              Jay Giurleo

--
_______________
Jay Giurleo     \    WPI Box 2080

louis@aerospace.aero.org (Louis M. McDonald) (03/25/90)

In article <10145@wpi.wpi.edu>, jayg@wpi.wpi.edu (Jay Giurleo) writes:

>    I was wondering if someone could Email a list of FTP Sites that
> would have decent file libraries for either the Apple II series, Mac, or PC.
>  Thanks...
>               Jay Giurleo

In article 970 of comp.archives is a list of anonymous FTP sites for
all kinds of things. This list is dated 12-Mar-1990, and is periodically
updated. The message is 777 lines and contains "pages" of places for
neat things.

--
Louis McDonald		Internet: louis@aerospace.aero.org
The Aerospace Corporation

wang@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Eric Wang) (03/25/90)

In article <10145@wpi.wpi.edu> jayg@wpi.wpi.edu (Jay Giurleo) writes:

>   I was wondering if someone could Email a list of FTP Sites that
>would have decent file libraries for either the Apple II series, Mac, or PC.
> Thanks...
>              Jay Giurleo
>

>--
>_______________
>Jay Giurleo     \    WPI Box 2080
>jayg@wpi.wpi.edy \   100 Institute Rd.
>jayg@wpi.bitnet   \  Worcester, MA 01609

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (09/16/90)

 Here is a list of the sites that have Apple II software available by
 anonymous FTP.  I've checked all of them.  It is current as of 9/5/90.

 Site Name              Site Number      Directory
 --------------------   --------------   -----------------------------------
 ummts.cc.umich.edu     35.1.1.43        pc5:
 shark.nosc.mil         128.49.80.1      ker*mit.
 watsun.cc.columbia.edu 128.59.39.2      kermit/a
 husc6.harvard.edu      128.103.1.56     apple2
 brownvm.brown.edu      128.148.128.40   listserv.193
 f.ms.uky.edu           128.163.128.6    pub/appleII
 wuarchive.wustl.edu    128.252.135.4    usenet/comp.binaries.apple2
 apple.com              130.43.2.2       pub/dts/aii
 tybalt.caltech.edu     131.215.139.100  pub/apple2
 plains.nodak.edu       134.129.111.64   pub/appleII

    Todd A. Bakal                                All snappy sayings aside,
    U of M Apple User's Group                    !Index will be updated
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                          ASAP or my name's not...

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
              Tab@terminator.cc.umich.edu             35.1.1.43   (PC5:)
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal      BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (11/08/90)

>         I have been seeing lots of references to posting stuff on
>         comp.binaries.apple2 and was wondering what FTP site is
>         inuse for the stuff.  I have tried WUARCHIVE.WUSTL.EDU (FTP)
>         directory  USENET/COMP.BINARIES.APPLE2/GS as the comp.
>         binaries.apple2 place to look, but noticed that besides
>         ARTICLES, the latest program to be posted was JULY 27, 1990.
>         Is there another site (FTP) that is being used as comp.
>         binaries.apple2?  I tried APPLE.COM (FTP) and the directories
>         .ARCHIVEVOL1 & .ARCHIVEVOL2, and did not find anything either,
>         plus I have also tried FTP.APPLE.COM (FTP), but it is yet
>         to have any files.  Any tips would be appreciated.

 Here is a list of the sites that have Apple II software available by
 anonymous FTP.  It is current as of 11/5/90.

 Site Name              Site Number      Directory
 --------------------   --------------   -----------------------------------
 ummts.cc.umich.edu     35.1.1.43        pc5:
 shark.nosc.mil         128.49.80.1      ker*mit.
 watsun.cc.columbia.edu 128.59.39.2      kermit/a
 husc6.harvard.edu      128.103.1.56     apple2
 brownvm.brown.edu      128.148.128.40   listserv.193
 f.ms.uky.edu           128.163.128.6    pub/appleII
 wuarchive.wustl.edu    128.252.135.4    usenet/comp.binaries.apple2
 apple.com              130.43.2.2       pub/dts/aii
 tybalt.caltech.edu     131.215.139.100  pub/apple2
 plains.nodak.edu       134.129.111.64   pub/appleII

> Harold Bruce
> Computer Resource Director - Health Professions
> Southwest Texas State University
> San Marcos, Texas 78666 (512)245-2532

    Todd A. Bakal                                All snappy sayings aside,
    U of M Apple User's Group                    !Index will be updated
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                          ASAP or my name's not...

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
              Tab@terminator.cc.umich.edu             35.1.1.43   (PC5:)
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal      BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

twdorr01@ulkyvx.BITNET (ThomasD) (12/02/90)

I know, I know... This has probably been done SEVERAL times, but I've just now
gotten involved with these FTP sites and I'd like to know if someone has
something like a summary of FTP sites carrying apple stuff?  Perhaps even a
description of any entries that are of particular interest.  I'm starting to
build a similiar file, but right now my number of valid FTP sites with apple
stuff can be counted on two fingers...

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

ThomasD

gerardo@wpi.WPI.EDU (Gerardo Leute) (12/02/90)

Here's the list I have:

Apple ftp sites:

 um.cc.umich.edu
 ummts.cc.umich.edu     35.1.1.43        pc5:
 shark.nosc.mil         128.49.80.1      ker*mit.
 watsun.cc.columbia.edu 128.59.39.2      kermit/a
 husc6.harvard.edu      128.103.1.56     apple2
 brownvm.brown.edu      128.148.128.40   listserv.193
 f.ms.uky.edu           128.163.128.6    pub/appleII
 wuarchive.wustl.edu    128.252.135.4    usenet/comp.binaries.apple2
 apple.com              130.43.2.2       pub/dts/aii
 tybalt.caltech.edu     131.215.139.100  pub/apple2
 plains.nodak.edu       134.129.111.64   pub/appleII

Haven't checked them all, so they may be outdated.

--
Gerardo Leute			"Home is where the heart lies,
   				 but when the heart lies, where is home?"

MLADAIR@MTUS5.BITNET (Phantom) (01/22/91)

Does anybody know of any FTP sites for the Apple 2, specifically the G/S?
If you do, could you please respond to me by EMAIL, I am posting this
for a friend.

     Thanks in advance,
           Matt Adair
--

Internet:  MLADAIR@MTUS5.cts.mtu.edu
Bitnet: MLADAIR@MTUS5.BITNET

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/17/91)

I have gotten a reply already I am using Pro-Mansion (ProLine software).  I
have checked MAN FTP, nothing there.  Could someone tell me more about, and
where I can find an FTP site?  I'd like to get SnoTerm, and a few other
things.

----
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion
Internet: aford@pro-mansion
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/17/91)

I should be more clear on this message.  I would like to CALL an FTP site,
I just need to know what it is, how much it costs/hour, and what is the
closest to me and anything else you think I need to know.  My area code is
507 and I live in Mankato, Minnestoa..

----

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (03/17/91)

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:

>I should be more clear on this message.  I would like to CALL an FTP site,
>I just need to know what it is, how much it costs/hour, and what is the
>closest to me and anything else you think I need to know.  My area code is
>507 and I live in Mankato, Minnestoa..

>----
>ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion
>Internet: aford@pro-mansion
>UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford
>ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil
>BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil

Well, I don't know much about these systems, but when I log onto the unix here
all i do at the promp is type 'ftp <ftp.site>' and then go from there.  dunno
if you can access them 'from the outside' so to speak..

apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Amrit Chauhan) (06/05/91)

        Can someone please tell me what an FTP site is?  I am pretty new to
the network scene, and I've never heard of FTW sites.  I'm probably the
only one, but I'll be courageous and ask.  Thanks guys.

Amrit

OOPS...my editor is not working remotely, so I can't go back and fix that
FTW thing...I meant FTP...thanks :)

==The Hindu Love Gods BBS - - - - Bloomfield Hills, MI - - - - 313/644-0481===
ProLine:apollo@pro-hindugods     | Internet:apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com     |
UUCP: crash!pro-hindugods!apollo | ARPA: crash!pro-hindugods!apollo@nosc.mil |