[comp.sys.apple2] GS System Error $1101

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A Lyons) (06/06/91)

In article <9106051138.AA25824@apple.com> I409@DMAFHT1.BITNET (KRS) writes:
>Last night something really strange happend to me...
>I was working on some programs with ORCA/Pascal and as I got back to
>the finder and tried to launch the next applic. the following message
>appeared:
>               SYSTEM ERROR $1101
>               while trying to run next application
>What is it?

Error $1101 comes from the Loader.  Were you compiling a new version on
disk of an application you previously ran?  If so, did that application
Quit and indicate that it was restartable from memory in the Quit flags?
This could have confused the loader.  (During development, try using
quit flags of $0000 to avoid this sort of problem.)

>The next thing, which I think could be a bug is:
>I had Grafspeed 1.2 installed (filedate 12-Mar-91) and as I tried to
>run PlatinumPaint 1.0.1 as next applic. it loaded almost to the Greeting
>Message but then flipped to text-screen claiming:
>
>              Could not load/unload resource.
>              Type = 8008
>              ID   = 00000001.
>              Error  0043
>
>Then as I deleted the Grafspeed Init all worked fine...
>Did this ever happened to someone else?

That error means that the rMenuBar resource (type $8008) could not be
loaded, because a GS/OS error $43 occured.  $43 means an invalid file
reference number was used, in this case probably by the Resource Manager
trying to read from the application's resource fork.  My guess is the
file was somehow closed by accident.  I don't know if Grafspeed could
have caused that or not.
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II System Software Engineer         |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.