[comp.sys.apple2] Vulcan Fan

jasonp@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Jason Perez) (06/05/91)

After being annoyed with the loud fan in my Vulcan 40Mb HD, I removed it (I've
also got a Kensington System Saver GS).  It was ok for awhile, then I got a
ZipGSX 7/16K and started getting 0308 Fatal Errors and a myriad of crashes
in Proterm and AWGS.  I've now re-installed the fan and AWGS seems to be ok,
but ProTerm doesn't like the Zip (Pt 2.2 and 2.0), so I'm sending it back for
a new one.

p.s.  has anybody with a Vulcan found a
      quiet fan for it?

Jason Perez
Hi-End Design
Motorola - Austin, TX

bbarba@pro-torii.cts.com (Bob Barba) (06/06/91)

Awhile back AE offered to replace noisy fans at thier expense... I don't
know if they will now.  They replaced mine.  You might want to call for an
RMA but with the 900 number.....

----
ProLine:  bbarba@pro-torii                         | Pro-Torii (Iwakuni, Japan)
Internet: bbarba@pro-torii.cts.com                 | 011-81-611-753-4846
UUCP:     crash!pro-torii!bbarba                   | Hrs: 8pm - 5am Mon-Thr
Mail: Bob Barba, PO Box 139  FPO Seattle, Wa 98764 |      8pm Fri - 5am Mon