[comp.sys.apple2] Tool 35 and Dragon Wars GS

R1DEC%AKRONVM@VM1.CC.UAKRON.EDU (Douglas Cameron) (05/22/91)

I am not a regular subscribed to this list because the volume of mail fills my
VM space too quickly.  I have recently purchased Dragon Wars GS.  When I boot
it, it tells me that my system does not contain tool 35 ( I am using 5.04)
which I got from Apple.com.  I don't know how to get  this tool.  Can someone
please respond and tell me how to get the tool (an only others which are not on
the 5.04 system) via the net.  Thanks.

6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) (05/23/91)

 This is to everyone - Dragon Wars GS shipped *without* TOOL035 because
Interplay didn't have the license in time (the disks were duplicated, then a
license recieved from Apple).  Sooo, if you wanna pick up a copy of TOOL035,
ya just have to call up Interplay and ask for it.  They'll send an upgrade
to you.  You may have to give a serial number, so have the disk & manual
handy.

--
Apple II Forever |       6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu      | IBMs get the job done
Parik Rao       |      Amiga - for the creative mind     |        Class of 1994

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (05/23/91)

In article <11500@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) writes:
> This is to everyone - Dragon Wars GS shipped *without* TOOL035 because
>Interplay didn't have the license in time (the disks were duplicated, then a
>license recieved from Apple).  Sooo, if you wanna pick up a copy of TOOL035,
>ya just have to call up Interplay and ask for it.

Is TOOL035 the MidiSynth tool?  If so, you ought to be able to download
it as part of the MidiSynth package from America On-Line.

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) (05/27/91)

|I am not a regular subscribed to this list because the volume of mail fills my
|VM space too quickly.  I have recently purchased Dragon Wars GS.  When I boot
|it, it tells me that my system does not contain tool 35 ( I am using 5.04)
|which I got from Apple.com.  I don't know how to get  this tool.  Can someone
|please respond and tell me how to get the tool (an only others which are not
|on the 5.04 system) via the net.  Thanks.

You, ^%#%!!!  You don't deserve to own a GS... GRRRR... >SIGH<

You do not seem to realize you have two copies in easy reach... in the
System/Tools on the original game disk and on the second system disk
/System.Tools/System/Tools.
INET: whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com
UUCP: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf
ARPA: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf@nosc.mil

nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (The Third Bard) (05/27/91)

In article <m0jhWaA-000043C@jartel.info.com> whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) writes:
>| I don't know how to get  this tool.  Can someone
>|please respond and tell me how to get the tool (an only others which are not
>|on the 5.04 system) via the net.  Thanks.
>
>You, ^%#%!!!  You don't deserve to own a GS... GRRRR... >SIGH<

You have no reason to say either the above comments...

>You do not seem to realize you have two copies in easy reach... in the
>System/Tools on the original game disk and on the second system disk
>/System.Tools/System/Tools.

Tool35 is not on the original game disk you idiot!  As for System 5.0.4,
if one has a version of tool35 there it is the wrong version.  That is
tool035 version 1, you need version 2 for DragonWars.

>INET: whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com
>UUCP: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf
>ARPA: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf@nosc.mil

	Neil -

------------ TBW (The Bird Watch) Sports - Baltimore Orioles! -------------
Neil M. Runyon		     | What is TWB Sports?  Finger me and find out!
University of Utah - CS Dept | "The Few. The Proud. The Stupid. The Inept."
nrunyon@peruvian.utah.edu    | 	          - Phule's Company [Robert Asprin]

taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Brian Tao) (06/01/91)

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) writes:

> You, ^%#%!!!  You don't deserve to own a GS... GRRRR... >SIGH<
>
> You do not seem to realize you have two copies in easy reach... in the
> System/Tools on the original game disk and on the second system disk
> /System.Tools/System/Tools.

    Take it easy, man... there's no need to jump all over the poor guy when
you answer his question.  If you really had the urge to do so, you should
have kept it in e-mail so the rest of us wouldn't have to read it...

--
Brian T. Tao   *B-)  |  taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca  |  "Though this be
2705-1510 Riverside  |           - or -          |   madness, yet there

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) (06/06/91)

|whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) writes:
|
|> You, ^%#%!!!  You don't deserve to own a GS... GRRRR... >SIGH<
|>
|> You do not seem to realize you have two copies in easy reach... in the
|> System/Tools on the original game disk and on the second system disk
|> /System.Tools/System/Tools.
|
|    Take it easy, man... there's no need to jump all over the poor guy when
|you answer his question.  If you really had the urge to do so, you should
|have kept it in e-mail so the rest of us wouldn't have to read it...

|--
|Brian T. Tao   *B-)  |  taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca  |  "Though this be
|2705-1510 Riverside  |           - or -          |   madness, yet there
|Ottawa, ON  K1G 4X5  |      taob@micor.uucp      |   is method in 't."

Well, I don't know how to e-mail from the BBS... it is not a Pro-Line BBS.
It's called EBBS, which uses Modems Works... anyways, it has a very limited
access to this net.  I can reply to e-mails with e-mails, though.

You are, of course right.  I was wrong about the MIDISynth Tools, BTW.  It
doesn't seem to be on the game disk... although it maybe on the System.Tools,
I haven't downloaded the second disk from AO.