[comp.sys.apple2] SuperConvert, et al

fraenhawk@oak.circa.ufl.edu (David Isaacson) (05/30/91)

  Not too long ago, somebody mentioned SuperConvert being able to convert MAC
TIFF files from Pagemaker to the GS.  I don't know much about the graphic
filetypes, but is a TIFF file from pagemaker going to be the same as a TIFF
file I get from the Apple Flatbed Scanner?
  I use the scanner at the University of Florida, but greyscale images cannot
be saved in MacPaint format, and that's all that SHRConvert can use, but it
can save TIFF and I believe PICT files.  If anybody knows about Superconvert or
The Graphics Exchange or any other methods that would work, please post your
answers here.
  BTW, I've heard people talking about library disks for TGE but I haven't seen
them mentioned in any mail-order catalogs.  Can they only be bought from RWP?

David Isaacson

geniusman@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Chris Moylan) (06/01/91)

How about saving it in GIF format.  I know SHR Convert can handle this
format, and PageMaker 4.01 can load it in, I think.  I use Adobe PhotoShop
at school to scan things in and save then as GIF format to a Mac disk,
which I then stick into my GS at home and convert the file over using a2fx
or HFSLink.  Works great!  BTW - GIF format will retain the highest
resolution in the graphic, so if you want your pictures to look good, don't
save then in 640x480, try to make a 320x200 size graphic so you can get 16
colors from SHR Convert and 256-3200 colors from GIF 3200 Converter.

Chris
Chris Moylan                    | ProLine: geniusman@pro-hindugods
CoSysop: Hindu Love Gods BBS    | Internet: geniusman@pro-hindugods.cts.com
313/644-0481                    | UUCP: crash!pro-hindugods!geniusman
300-9600 bps, v.32/v.42/v.42bis | ARPA: crash!pro-hindugods!geniusman@nosc.mil

danw@stonyman.hac.com (Dan White) (06/05/91)

   My suggestion is to save them as GIF's and then use SHR Convert

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (06/06/91)

>   My suggestion is to save them as GIF's and then use SHR Convert

It might be a good idea for people to start quoting the message that they're
replying to or just insert your own line describing what it is that you're
replying to.  It makes it much easier for the rest of to follow, including
the person that the reply is meant for.  They may not even know that that's
meant for them.
(It's JUST a polite suggestion :)

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

fraenhawk@oak.circa.ufl.edu (David Isaacson) (06/06/91)

In article <15153@hacgate.UUCP>, danw@stonyman.hac.com (Dan White) writes:

>   My suggestion is to save them as GIF's and then use SHR Convert

The problem, though, is that the scanner program at the lab only offers saving
the pictures as PICT or TIFF files, not GIF.

David

geniusman@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Chris Moylan) (06/07/91)

With Graphics Exchange, can you read Computeryes raw data files and convert
them into GIFs with more than 16 colors?  If so, you could convert it into
GIF and then back into 3200 GS format and have SWEET digitized graphics!!