[comp.sys.apple2] APPLEWORKS GS AND POSTSCIPT

ISSLTC@NUSVM.BITNET (Lim Thye Chean) (06/07/91)

Hi, I have some questions:

* I just saw a letter on Info-Apple regarding transferring Postscript
  files created from AppleWorks GS to Mac... but HOW do I create a
  Postscript file using AppleWorks GS? I owned AppleWorks GS v1.1 -
  after reading the manuals for 3 times, I am still not able to find
  that piece of information.

* Besides Publish It! 3, is there other programs that can print to
  Postscript? I need the information - because I need to use the laser
  printer, and do not wish to substitute my beloved GS with Mac.

Thanks for any information.

                      *** Apple IIGS Forever ***

 An Apple IIGS lover from Malaysia. A software engineer from Singapore.
                      Contact me at ISSLTC@NUSVM

       Lim Thye Chean - Lim is my surname. My name is Thye Chean.

In article <9106070219.AA06433@apple.com> ISSLTC@NUSVM.BITNET (Lim Thye Chean) writes:
>Hi, I have some questions:

	Boy.. I'm answering more of your questions after you blow off my
long, excellent explanation of 320 vs 640 modes on the GS!!
(a joke.. about you "blowing off" my explanation.. although you kinda did)

>* I just saw a letter on Info-Apple regarding transferring Postscript
>  files created from AppleWorks GS to Mac... but HOW do I create a
>  Postscript file using AppleWorks GS? I owned AppleWorks GS v1.1 -
>  after reading the manuals for 3 times, I am still not able to find
>  that piece of information.

	From what I remember:

	You have to Install the Laserwriter driver... But then on the
boot disk you are using, RENAME the laserwriter driver to something else.
I do not remember why this step is needed, but I seem to remember it's
needed... maybe because AppleTalk is inactive if you're not actually
connected to a printer???

	From then on I forget.. After you tell it to print, and a
dialog comes up (i.e. the short, wide "printing" dialog), there's an
openapple- or option- key combination that writes out a PostScript
file to your disk in some certain directory.. the System directory possibly..
it isn't the root dir though.

>* Besides Publish It! 3, is there other programs that can print to
>  Postscript? I need the information - because I need to use the laser
>  printer, and do not wish to substitute my beloved GS with Mac.

	ANY GS specific program that uses the standard drivers (supports
the AppleTalk-connected printer selection from the Control Panel DA)
will be able to print to a laserwriter....

	At least that's the THEORY. there are probably exceptions.
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       Apple IIGS Forever!        unknown@cats.ucsc.edu\
|WANT to help get ULTIMA VI //e or GS written?-mail me. CHEAP CD info-mail me.|