[comp.sys.apple2] GS+

01142@chopin.udel.edu (Scott A Harris) (12/06/90)

With all the heated debate over A+ move to a mac mag I am willing to let
my subscription run out but I am much more interested in the addresses
of the true gs magazines like GS+ and others.
Thanks in advance
			Scott Harris
			01142@brahms.udel.edu
			01142@chopin.udel.edu
			01142@vax1.udel.edu
			hio01142@udelvm.udel.edu
			sharris12@GEnie
			71311,2700@ CompuServe

JWANKERL%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU ("Josef W. Wankerl") (12/07/90)

On Thu, 6 Dec 90 14:34:37 GMT Scott A Harris said:
>With all the heated debate over A+ move to a mac mag I am willing to let
>my subscription run out but I am much more interested in the addresses
>of the true gs magazines like GS+ and others.
>Thanks in advance
>			Scott Harris
>			01142@brahms.udel.edu
>			01142@chopin.udel.edu
>			01142@vax1.udel.edu
>			hio01142@udelvm.udel.edu
>			sharris12@GEnie
>			71311,2700@ CompuServe

Well here's my standard reply for GS+ info:

Hi there,
   Here is the information about GS+ magazine you requested:

                 GS+ SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
the magazine for only $2.50 an issue, or the magazine + disk for $6.00
an issue!  That's 17-25% off the cover price!  What a bargain!  To
sign up, send this completed form (or a photocopy) along with a check
or money order (payable to EGO Systems), or your credit card number, to:

GS+ Subscription Services
c/o EGO Systems
P.O. Box 15366
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37415-0366

Name: ________________________    Phone:  (       )  __________________

Address: ______________________________________________________________

City: ________________________    State:  _________   Zip: ____________

O Magazine only - $15/year       O Magazine + disk - $36/year

O Check or money order enclosed  O Bill my MasterCard  O Bill my Visa

                Card Number: _______________________  Expires:  ___/___

                Signature:  _________________________

If you prefer to use your credit card to order by phone, give us a call
at (615) 870-4960.  Also, call us for information on quantity discounts
on subscriptions for schools and users' groups.

Tennessee Residents add 5.5% sales tax.
Chattanooga Residents add 7.25% sales tax.
Canadian/Mexican orders add $1 extra postage.
All other foreing orders add $6 surface, $30 air.

--
===> Josef W. Wankerl, Contributing Editor/Programmer for GS+ Magazine
  BITNET:  JWANKERL@UTCVM.BITNET       | America Online:  JWankerl

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (12/08/90)

In article <16048@chopin.udel.edu> 01142@chopin.udel.edu (Scott A Harris) writes:
>With all the heated debate over A+ move to a mac mag I am willing to let
>my subscription run out but I am much more interested in the addresses
>of the true gs magazines like GS+ and others.
>Thanks in advance

I wrote to them and requested a sample copy, which arrived a few days ago.
While it is not slick, professional like A+ (professional is probably too
kind) GS+ is a nice magazine and I will probably subscribe (just to get the
EGOed NDA if nothing else).

The address is:

GS+ Subscription Services
c/o EGO Systems
PO Box 15366
Chattanooga, TN 15366
(615) 870-4960

Sample issue is $3, sample w/ disk is $8
--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / BIX: Keving / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/08/90)

It's a funny thing -- everybody's just SO terribly upset that Incider/A+
(or is it the other way around -- whatever) is adding Mac coverage (again),
when that magazine, and nearly every other magazine for Macintosh and Apple
II's are basically garbage.  Anybody can get FAR more information, coverage,
and all the threads on new "stuff" by reading and getting involved in
network news regularly.  Of course, the only problem with this is that there
are a great many users out there who aren't on any network.

The only magazines I've found worth reading are the old "Open-Apple", the
[defunct] "Call -A.P.P.L.E.", and SOME of the articles in the "APDAlog" --
before it switched entirely to Macintosh stuff.  The last one I received (
more than a year or so ago) had about 8 pages of Apple II stuff (total,
including articles), and the rest was Mac this, Mac that.  Why so much hype
about overpriced junk? -- Okay, not really junk, but most certainly
overpriced (by ANY standard).  It just bugs me... Is there actually
anything NEW for the IIgs anymore?  I can't think of anything.

                                             - A. Benson

P.S. Blah blah lbah (the usual stuff) -- Email me, don't post messages,
since I can never (almost) read them.  My internet address is:
    "aabenson@balance.cs.mtu.edu"

penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) (12/09/90)

To contact the editor of GS+, send a note to "diz@pro-gsplus.cts.com".

Mark

[ Mark Steiger, Sysop, The Igloo 218/262-3142  300/1200/2400/9600 (HST/Dual)]

ProLine.:penguin@gnh-igloo                          America Online: Goalie5
UUCP....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin                    MCI Mail......: MSteiger
Internet:penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/10/90)

What's that EGOed NDA you were talking about?

                                                   - Andrew.

Internet: aabenson@balance.cs.mtu.edu
Bitnet: AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET          (Internet address preferred)

MQUINN%UTCVM@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU (12/12/90)

On Mon, 10 Dec 90 06:45:04 GMT <ndsuvm1!mtus5!aabenson@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> said:
>What's that EGOed NDA you were talking about?
>
>                                                   - Andrew.
>
>Internet: aabenson@balance.cs.mtu.edu
>Bitnet: AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET          (Internet address preferred)

Here's where you can get it:
c/o EGO Systems
P.O. Box 15366
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37415-0366

(615) 870-4960
Well, I'm not the one you replied to, but I'll answer that.

EGOed is a text editor in an NDA.  It was written by Steve Dizbrow (the guy
that started GS+ magazine).  It's pretty D___ useful too.  You can edit any
text, APWGS, or 'teach text' file with it.  It supports all the fonts you
have and bold, itallics, and all that good stuff.  It let's you print the
stuff in draft, better text,... all those options in the standard print
dialog.  You can only get it through GS+ magazine.  The latest version is
on every issue.

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (12/12/90)

In article <90344.014505AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET> AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>What's that EGOed NDA you were talking about?
>
>                                                   - Andrew.

According to the write up in the sample of gs+ that I received, it is
an NDA text editor that can edit ASCII, TextEdit, and Appleworks Classic
documents, and also print said documents. I want it for the printing
ability because WriteIt don't PrintIt!

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / BIX: Keving / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/14/90)

Okay... Thanks for the info!

crew.wicklein@pro-midnightex.cts.com (Chris Wicklein) (06/09/91)

   I'd be happy to subscribe to GS+, IF I was to find subsciption info in
my mailbox. 8)
 / Chris Wicklein, ROM 3 Apple IIGS guy.                                     \
|  Internet: crew.wicklein@pro-midnightex.cts.com                             |
|  The Magical Mystery Signature                                              |