[comp.sys.apple2] what is the 8-bit apple2 mailing list

gvrod@isuvax.iastate.edu (R Eldridge, VAX Systems) (06/12/91)

A couple of months ago, I remember reading about a mailing list being
setup to discusss only 8-bit Apple //s (no //gs discussions).

Does this mailing list exist? How to I subscibe?
Thanks for all who respond.

rod eldridge             gvrod@isuvax.bitnet or gvrod@isuvax.iastate.edu
iowa state university    (515)294-7498

guillaum@trl.oz.au (Andrew Guillaume) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun12.141530.24751@news.iastate.edu>, gvrod@isuvax.iastate.edu (R Eldridge, VAX Systems) writes:
|> A couple of months ago, I remember reading about a mailing list being
|> setup to discusss only 8-bit Apple //s (no //gs discussions).
|>
|> Does this mailing list exist? How to I subscibe?
|> Thanks for all who respond.
|>
|> rod eldridge             gvrod@isuvax.bitnet or gvrod@isuvax.iastate.edu
|> iowa state university    (515)294-7498

I tried replying directly, but my message bounced, so my apologies to all
GS users.

The mailing list still exists. You subscribe by sending mail to :

apple-request@gnu.ai.mit.edu

or if that doesn't work, (as I had to do) to :

hsiaa@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU. That's Art's email address, and he started this
mailing list. The list is very quiet, and there's no fear of seeing your
mailbox overflowing !

Andrew Guillaume

Internet : a.guillaume@trl.oz.au

rsopicki@pro-amber.cts.com (Randy Sopicki) (06/14/91)

Thats a good question! I'd be interested in the mailing list too.
----
ProLine:  rsopicki@pro-amber
Internet: rsopicki@pro-amber.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-amber!rsopicki