[comp.sys.apple2] Tools

stug@pro-palmtree.cts.com (Stu Graves) (06/14/91)

I have a programming question related to the GSOS tools.  I am using TML
Pascal II and I have a tool that it is not one of Apple's (a user tool) and
I am having problems loading it.  I get the file not found ($46) error.

I think that the tool number is 1 and it is allowed to be 1 because it is a
user tool.  Unfortunately I have not been able to check the tool number.  I
created a tool interface for it and compiled it to disk and did the uses
thing at the beginning of my program, tried to loadonetool etc but no luck.

Any specific/general comments would be appreciated.
                    stug@pro-palmtree.cts.com
   -- The Palmtree BBS -- (213) 450-9394 -- 300/1200/2400 24 Hours --

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Jawaid Bazyar) (06/15/91)

stug@pro-palmtree.cts.com (Stu Graves) writes:

>I have a programming question related to the GSOS tools.  I am using TML
>Pascal II and I have a tool that it is not one of Apple's (a user tool) and
>I am having problems loading it.  I get the file not found ($46) error.

>I think that the tool number is 1 and it is allowed to be 1 because it is a
>user tool.  Unfortunately I have not been able to check the tool number.  I
>created a tool interface for it and compiled it to disk and did the uses
>thing at the beginning of my program, tried to loadonetool etc but no luck.

    LoadOneTool assumes the tool set in question is in */system/tools and
is named TOOL.xx.  User tools should not be named TOOL.xx (for obvious
reasons).  What I do with my user tools is load them manually, by using
InitialLoad and SetTSPtr (loader and tool locator, respectively).

--
Jawaid Bazyar               |  "Twenty seven faces- with their eyes turned to
Graduated!/Comp Engineering |    the sky. I have got a camera, and an airtight