[comp.sys.apple2] Ultima 6 ... and 7?

calumw@castle.ed.ac.uk (Calum A. Wilkie ) (06/11/91)

How does this sound?

"Free PCT with every purchase of apple ultima VI"

sounds really silly, doesn't it.
Possible reasons for why Origin won't write it for the //
	1. Write it for GS, //c+ and other // users will be upset
        2. Write it for ALL //'s and GS users will complain.
	3. They don't want to write 2 copies.
        4. They're stupid.

   Calum A. Wilkie  <->   calumw@castle.ed.ac.uk   <->   Edinburgh University

lazer@lablues.UUCP (Patrick Delahanty) (06/15/91)

calumw@castle.ed.ac.uk (Calum A. Wilkie ) writes:

> How does this sound?
>
> "Free PCT with every purchase of apple ultima VI"

What's PCT?  (I'm not stupid...I'm ignorant)

> sounds really silly, doesn't it.
> Possible reasons for why Origin won't write it for the //
> 	1. Write it for GS, //c+ and other // users will be upset
>         2. Write it for ALL //'s and GS users will complain.
> 	3. They don't want to write 2 copies.
>         4. They're stupid.
>
>    Calum A. Wilkie  <->   calumw@castle.ed.ac.uk   <->   Edinburgh University

I pick 3 and 4.  What REALLY pi$ses me off is that they made a version for
the C= 64 after they said it would take away from the program to make it for
a 128K machine so they wouldn't do it.  Geesh!  Origin's starting to pi$s me
off...they used to be my favorite company too!  (I don't have a favorite
now)

-Lazer (Omega and Ultima I, II, III, IV, and V player...I finished them all)