[comp.sys.apple2] Help needed with RAM card for Apple ][+.

erikt@tekig1.PEN.TEK.COM (Erik Teose) (06/13/91)

No, this isn't for a museum. I acquired a freebie ten year old Apple ][+
setup, then later a 16K RAM expansion card to bring the system up to
64K (wow!). Unfortunately, there are no installation instructions for the
expansion card. The card has the following on it:

    AMERICAN MICROWARE
    II PLUS 16

From what I understand, the card goes into slot 0, and a ribbon
cable connects a socket on the card to a socket on the motherboard.
If someone could tell me which socket on the motherboard is the magic
one, I'd be very grateful. Any other pointers would be appreciated also.
Please email responses to erikt@tekig1.pen.tek.com.

Thanks a bunch.

Erik Teose
erikt@tekig1.pen.tek.com

rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Robert Hood) (06/15/91)

> No, this isn't for a museum. I acquired a freebie ten year old Apple ][+
> setup, then later a 16K RAM expansion card to bring the system up to
> 64K (wow!).

I remember those setups from my old school days - we were lucky to find
computers with the 16K card installed!

> Unfortunately, there are no installation instructions for the expansion
> card. The card has the following on it:
>
>     AMERICAN MICROWARE
>     II PLUS 16

Perhaps I can help.  If your ][+ has a Slot 0, I'm 99.9% sure the card goes
there.  If not, try Slot 3.  In either case, it's basically "plug and chug"
as I remember - plug it in and start chugging.  (To test, if you haven't
figured it out, just pop in the ol' System Master and see if Integer Basic
loads properly.  If it does, you've got it right.  Another test is to boot
ProDOS and see if it works.)
----
ProLine:  rhood@pro-gsplus                 | "Wherever you go...there you are."
Internet: rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com         |     -- Buckaroo Banzai
UUCP:     crash!pro-gsplus!rhood           | Wanted: An unZIPper for a II!
ARPA:     crash!pro-gsplus!rhood@nosc.mil  | If you have one, let's chat!