[comp.sys.apple2] Which Monitor?

nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (The Bard's Mystic Song) (06/14/91)

In article <9106141533.AA12418@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>On Thu, 13 Jun 1991 21:57:28 GMT Kevin S Green said:
>
>Mitsubishi is actually the maker of the GS monitor.  They make it, then
>Apple puts their name on it.

	Are you sure?!?  I thought that Sony did all the monitors and disk
drives for Apple.  Afterall, Sony's biggest contract in the world is with
Apple computer, and I would be surprised if Mitsubishi did anything for
Apple because of that fact alone.
	Though many things have surprised me...

>  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
>  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

------------ TBW (The Bird Watch) Sports - Baltimore Orioles! -------------
Neil M. Runyon		     | NetrekGS - Want it?  Could become reality...
University of Utah - CS Dept | "The Few. The Proud. The Stupid. The Inept."
nrunyon@peruvian.utah.edu    | 	          - Phule's Company [Robert Asprin]

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (06/14/91)

On Thu, 13 Jun 1991 21:57:28 GMT Kevin S Green said:
>.................................. I'm leaning toward the
>Mitsubishi because it looks a little more sleek, costs a little
>less for about the same performance as the NEC, and has
>several types of connectors at the back (making it more
>"transferable" to other systems). Any comments would be
>welcomed.

Mitsubishi is actually the maker of the GS monitor.  They make it, then
Apple puts their name on it.  Out of those that you listed, I can't say which
is better, but, if the Mitsubishi works with the GS, I would definitely
recommend that one over the Apple one.

jpenne@ee.ualberta.ca (Jerry Penner) (06/15/91)

In article <1991Jun14.132257.16909@hellgate.utah.edu> nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (The Bard's Mystic Song) writes:
>In article <9106141533.AA12418@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>>On Thu, 13 Jun 1991 21:57:28 GMT Kevin S Green said:
>>
>>Mitsubishi is actually the maker of the GS monitor.  They make it, then
>>Apple puts their name on it.
>
>	Are you sure?!?  I thought that Sony did all the monitors and disk
>drives for Apple.  Afterall, Sony's biggest contract in the world is with
>Apple computer, and I would be surprised if Mitsubishi did anything for
>Apple because of that fact alone.
>	Though many things have surprised me...

There's a sure way to tell.  Open up your monitor (when it's off) and
look.  I did this a long time ago.  Guess what?  It's a Mitsubishi.
Model # A2M6014.
--
Jerry Penner		  | jpenne@bode.ee.ualberta.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada |  OR  alberta!bode!jpenne

PYC121@URIACC.BITNET (Andy Kress) (06/17/91)

   The GS monitor's CRT is Mitubishi (sp?).  I opened mine up and looked.

                                       Andy Kress
                                       PYC121 AT URIACC.URI.EDU

             Apple II:  The power to take over the world!