[comp.sys.apple2] Swapping

u9050728@cs.uow.edu.au (Shane Kelvin Richards) (06/15/91)

	Hello, does anyone know of a "switcher" type program for the GS.        Basically, I do alot of digitising of instruments for Soundsmith using
Audiozap (a brilliant program - love the latest version!) and find myself
jumping back and forth between Soundsmith and Audiozap alot. What I really
need is some way of loading both Audiozap and Soundsmith into RAM and then
being able to swap between them on the fly. I know about RUNX, but I
understand that that doesn't load the applications into memory but keeps
reloading them. Thanx.

--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Shane Richards

steve@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Steve Fenwick) (06/17/91)

I don't know if this will work, but there's this program called Leap Frog
(I forget who wrote it) that lets you load up to 8 applications (640 mode
only) and switch between them with  shift-control-2.  There are alot of
programs it _doesn't_ work with, but I've never tried it with Sound Smith or
AudioZap.  My guess is that it wouldn't work unless you had about 2 megs of
memory, and the "no tools" screen redrawer on AudioZap might screw things up.
It's worth the try, though.  E-mail me if you'd like a copy.

 _________________
/  Steve          \__________________________________________________________
|  1. ProLine: Steve@pro-hindugods                                           |
|  2. UUCP: crash!pro-hindugods!Steve                                        |
|  3. Internet: Steve@pro-hindugods.cts.com                                  |
|  4. ARPA: crash!pro-hindugods!Steve@nosc.mil                               |
|____________________________________________________________________________/

tomk@pro-grouch.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (06/17/91)

	Hello, does anyone know of a "switcher" type program for the GS.        Basically, I do alot of digitising of instruments for Soundsmith using
Audiozap (a brilliant program - love the latest version!) and find myself
jumping back and forth between Soundsmith and Audiozap alot. What I really
need is some way of loading both Audiozap and Soundsmith into RAM and then
being able to swap between them on the fly. I know about RUNX, but I
understand that that doesn't load the applications into memory but keeps
reloading them. Thanx.

You could load them both into a RAMDISK and run them from the RAMDISK.

stug@pro-palmtree.cts.com (Stu Graves) (06/18/91)

Yes there is a program called Leapfrog (shareware) that lets you load ina
couple of programs and switch between them.  It works well except for TML
programs.

--
                         stug@pro-palmtree.cts.com
  -- The Palmtree BBS  (213) 450-9394  300-9600 v.32/42bis, MNP 1-5 --