[comp.sys.apple2] Does Appleworks GS work well with system 5.0.4?

sharris@chopin.udel.edu (Scott A Harris) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.230544.14576@risky.ecs.umass.edu> giovin@medr0.ecs.umass.edu (Rocky J Giovinazzo) writes:
>I've been wanting to update the AWGS system disk to 5.0.4 for the last
>few months but have been worried that it might start to crash more often
>because of AWGS's apparent sensitivity to just about any small changes.
>(In the past, AWGS used to bomb all the time for me.)
>
>Has anyone been using system disk 5.0.4 with consistently good results
>while running AWGS?
>
>Thanks,
>Rocky Giovinazzo

I've been using system 5.0.4 with AWGS v1.1 for as long as the new system
has been out.  I have had no problems what so ever.  Everything works great

Scott

--
Scott Harris    sharris@brahms.udel.edu        sharris@chopin.udel.edu
		 harris@freezer.it.udel.edu   HIO01142@udelvm.udel.edu

andy@pro-palmtree.cts.com (Andy Stein) (06/21/91)

    I'm using AppleWorks GS with System 5.0.4, and haven't experienced any
noticeable problems.  I use it with my 40 Megabyte Vulcan hard drive, more
than any other program, and have been happy with its performance.

    But, if Claris would get of its silicon and UPGRADE AppleWorks GS, it
would be far more functional.  Oh, no.  But they don't even know they SELL
Apple II software.

stug@pro-palmtree.cts.com (Stu Graves) (06/21/91)

I have been using AWGS with GSOS 5.0.4 and have encountered no problems.
Hope this helps.

--
                         stug@pro-palmtree.cts.com
  -- The Palmtree BBS  (213) 450-9394  300-9600 v.32/42bis, MNP 1-5 --