[comp.sys.apple2] Applied Ingenuity Question

benson@vuse.vanderbilt.edu (Paul Benson) (06/20/91)

 Just out of curiousity, what made AI go bust.  I realize it was probably
 due to lack of funds, but it seems like they sold a lot of equipment.
 Did the undersell too much?  Please respond by email and sate my
 curiousity.

 Paul
 Vanderbilt University
 GEnie: P.Benson1

andy@pro-palmtree.cts.com (Andy Stein) (06/22/91)

    I understand that Ingenuity went out of business because of bad
management, not poor sales.  They really had a bunch of screwballs runnig
it (or, should I say, making their ads), so it's not surprising they went
bankrupt.  But, I'm sure it didn't help to undercut their dealers.  It
doesn't exactly make your vendors happy when you charge lower prices than
they do, and they can't sell them because you're charging too low a price.
Whew! And I almost bought an InnerDrive a few months before they went broke
from them!