[comp.sys.apple2] Where can I find a Pro-Line board in Los Angeles?

jimmys@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Jimmy Shaw) (06/04/91)

	All this discussion/debate/etc. regarding GBBS and ProLine has
me wondering which BBS software I should get, since I am thinking about
starting my own BBS later this year.

	I live in the Los Angeles/Orange County area (you know, in California)
and I do not believe I have ever called a ProLine based board.  It seems to me
that all the boards (Apple II based) are GBBS, in one form or another.

	Awhile back someone mentioned that ProLine has many nodes across the
globe, and I was wondering if there is a "local" one to me.

	I've heard some really *bad* (in the negative sense of the word) about
Lance and his support (or in some's opinion, the lack of it) for GBBS, and
since just about everybody praise the heck out of Morgan, I figure I better
buy a package that will get support.

	Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Jimmy Shaw
jimmys@ics.uci.edu

bbarba@pro-torii.cts.com (Bob Barba) (06/06/91)

Glad to here that you are going to be joining the Pro-Line Family...

Here are the nearest pro-line site(s) for you are:

        PRO-APA       213/463-9289     LOS ANGELES, CA
        PRO-PALMTREE  213/450-9394     SANTA MONICA, CA

----
ProLine:  bbarba@pro-torii                         | Pro-Torii (Iwakuni, Japan)
Internet: bbarba@pro-torii.cts.com                 | 011-81-611-753-4846
UUCP:     crash!pro-torii!bbarba                   | Hrs: 8pm - 5am Mon-Thr
Mail: Bob Barba, PO Box 139  FPO Seattle, Wa 98764 |      8pm Fri - 5am Mon

chiu@ucsee (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.051618.17581@crash.cts.com> bbarba@pro-torii.cts.com (Bob Barba) writes:
>Glad to here that you are going to be joining the Pro-Line Family...
>
>Here are the nearest pro-line site(s) for you are:
>
>        PRO-APA       213/463-9289     LOS ANGELES, CA
>        PRO-PALMTREE  213/450-9394     SANTA MONICA, CA

Now only if I can find sites to link with in my local area as easily as down
south... sigh. (415 area code)

tm@well.sf.ca.us (Toshi Morita) (06/07/91)

>        I live in the Los Angeles/Orange County area (you know, in
California)
>and I do not believe I have ever called a ProLine based board.  It seems to
me
>that all the boards (Apple II based) are GBBS, in one form or another.
>
>        Awhile back someone mentioned that ProLine has many nodes across
the
>globe, and I was wondering if there is a "local" one to me.

I think pro-palmtree is in your local calling area. It's 213-450-9394, and
the sysop is a swell guy. Tell Mike I sent you.

tm@well.sf.ca.us

matthew@pro-nka.cts.com (Matthew McGehrin) (06/14/91)

>        Awhile back someone mentioned that ProLine has many nodes across
>  the globe, and I was wondering if there is a "local" one to me.
>
>        I've heard some really *bad* (in the negative sense of the word)
> about Lance and his support (or in some's opinion, the lack of it) for
> GBBS, and since just about everybody praise the heck out of Morgan, I
> figure I better buy a package that will get support.

You can contact mdavis@pro-sol.cts.com

He is the author of proline. He also could tell you or even send you a site
list of the proline's located in california. I know pro-sol is in California.

-- matthew

+------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Internet: matthew@pro-nka.cts.com  | Pro-Nka : 201-944-3102 : 9600/v32/v42 |
|     uucp: crash!pro-nka!matthew    | Leonia, New Jersey    Intel 9600EX    |
|                                    |                                       |
| All thoughts are mine. If you have | a different idea, email it or post it.|
+------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

ktl@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Kerri Little) (06/16/91)

LA area prolines can be found at

pro-apa       Los Angeles             213/463-9289
pro-humanist  Covina                  818/339-4707
pro-palmtree  Santa Monica            213/450-9394

----
ktl@pro-odyssey

dales@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dale Smith) (06/22/91)

Here's an extract from the June site list - off the top of my head -
listing a few sites that appear to be LA area.  There are a bunch in San
Diego, but you wanted LA, so ...

Subject: Site List (June)

THIS UPDATE: 15 JUNE 91      ProLine SITE.LIST      Previous Update: 15 May

91

TOTAL Sites:138        DEAD Sites:13       NEW Sites:09       CHANGED
Sites:12

Site Name       SysAdmin  Name             City, ST            TM Site
Phone
--------------- --------- ---------------- ------------------- --
------------
pro-apa         dgair     Dave Gair        Los Angeles, CA     e2
213/463-9289
pro-humanist    fredc     Fred Condo       Covina, CA          e2
818/339-4704
pro-palmtree    mporter   Michael Porter   Santa Monica, CA    e8
213/450-9394-

- Changed  'T'ype:  +=][+, e=//e, c=//c, g=IIGS, l=Laser, n=Apple II LAN,
  Site              U=Unix, X=Xenix, A=A/UX, M=MacGNU/UUPC, G=Amiga UUCP,
                    W=Waffle, C=Coherent

+ New      'M'odem: 0-300, 1-1200, 2-2400, 3-4800, 4-9600/PEP, 5-9600/HST,
  Site              6-9600/V.32, 7-9600/Dual(V.32), 8-9600(V.32)/V.42,
                    9-9600/Dual(V.42), A-14,400/V.32bis,
B-14,400/Dual(V.32bis)

I left some of the notes in so that you could interpret the entry codes.
(Sorry about the word wrapping, but it didn't come out too bad.)

Dale
proline: dales@pro-novapple      |ARPA:   crash!pro-novapple!dales@nosc.mil
uucp: crash!pro-novapple!dales   |BITNET: dales%pro-novapple.cts.com@nosc.mil
Inet: dales@pro-novapple.cts.com |
Northern Virginia Apple Users Group >pro-novapple< 703-671-0416/300-9600 baud