[comp.sys.apple2] ModemWorks upgrade

lazer@lablues.UUCP (Patrick Delahanty) (06/21/91)

I'm trying to upgrade ModemWorks from the demo 2.0 version to version 2.0C
which I bought.  I'm using it with AppleNet v1.3 and ModemWorks breaks when
it gets to the command & MODE (0).  I tried removing the command all
together and now the screen is cleared for some reason.  Is there a series
of replacement commands to create the same effect as & MODE (0).  It's not
in my manual so I don't even know what it does so I don't know where to
start.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also...if you're using the SMT No-Slot-Clock with ModemWorks...make sure you
give a ? CHR$(4)"PR#0" before you run AmperWorks and then give your ?
CHR$(4)"PR#3" after.  I had the PR#3 before without a PR#0 and the clock
wouldn't work with the & TIME (T$) command.  It works fine now...but I still
can't get the day of the week and the seconds to come up...but that's not as
important.

-Lazer

mdavis@pro-sol.cts.com (Morgan Davis) (06/22/91)

Again, to change old versions of Apple-Net to work with the newer
ModemWorks (the latest version is 2.1):

1.  Remove all &MODE commands.  They're not needed anymore.
    They only served to set up the carrier mode when &PICKUP
    is used.  In ModemWorks 2.0C and newer, &MODE is replaced
    by &PICKUP's new mode argument (which really isn't needed
    unless you're doing something out of the ordinary, like
    answering a ringing line with an originate carrier).

2.  Any &HOME commands can be changed to HOME by dropping the
    ampersand.

If you don't have ModemWorks 2.1 and would like to upgrade
(which includes a new manual that describes 8 new commands),
send $20 and your original ModemWorks disk to:

Morgan Davis Group
10079 Nuerto Lane
Rancho San Diego, CA
91977-7132      USA

--Morgan

UUCP: crash!pro-sol!mdavis           AOL, BIX: mdavis
ARPA: crash!pro-sol!mdavis@nosc.mil  GEnie:    m.davis42
INET: mdavis@pro-sol.cts.com         ProLine:  mdavis@pro-sol