[comp.sys.apple2] Gif's

jesse@pawl.rpi.edu (Jesse M. Mundis) (03/09/90)

Does anyone know if there is a GIF viewer program for the apple //e (unenhanced)
  For those of you that don't know, GIF is a standard method of transmiting
digitized images between computers of different types.

Jesse Mundis
jesse@pawl.rpi.edu

iceman@pro-acsd.cts.com (Randy Schaer) (06/22/91)

  The Program "Show Pic" will allow you to view .gif's....and if you have
show pic 6.0 it will also allow you to view macintosh also.  I have had
lots of fun with this progam
Randy
----
ProLine:  iceman@pro-acsd
Internet: iceman@pro-acsd.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-acsd!iceman
ARPA:     crash!pro-acsd!iceman@nosc.mil

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (06/23/91)

In article <1991Jun22.061607.1503@crash.cts.com> iceman@pro-acsd.cts.com (Randy Schaer) writes:
>  The Program "Show Pic" will allow you to view .gif's....

Really?  Every one that I tried merely produced a message about the GIF
image having "too many colors" -- no display.

giovin@medr0.ecs.umass.edu (Rocky J Giovinazzo) (06/23/91)

In article <16491@smoke.brl.mil> gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <1991Jun22.061607.1503@crash.cts.com> iceman@pro-acsd.cts.com (Randy Schaer) writes:
>>  The Program "Show Pic" will allow you to view .gif's....
>
>Really?  Every one that I tried merely produced a message about the GIF
>image having "too many colors" -- no display.

I tried Showpic a while ago (an other version, 5.something?) and had the
same problem with some pictures.  However, it does display .gif's
made with only 16 colors as well as any graphics made on the GS
(i.e. 3200's).

Rocky Giovinazzo

In article <1991Jun22.061607.1503@crash.cts.com> iceman@pro-acsd.cts.com (Randy Schaer) writes:
>  The Program "Show Pic" will allow you to view .gif's....and if you have
>show pic 6.0 it will also allow you to view macintosh also.  I have had
>lots of fun with this progam

	It's slow too, makes bad conversions (when it converts at all)
and whines about too many colors a lot!!

	Comon people, take my advice (for once?)... Get Jonah Stitch's
GIF3200 and/or wait for Todd Whisell's LordHighGiffer...
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       Apple IIGS Forever!        unknown@cats.ucsc.edu\
|WANT to help get ULTIMA VI //e or GS written?-mail me. CHEAP CD info-mail me.|

ujmurphy@KING.MCS.DREXEL.EDU (Jim Murphy) (06/23/91)

>        Comon people, take my advice (for once?)... Get Jonah Stitch's
> GIF3200 and/or wait for Todd Whisell's LordHighGiffer...

  [ This is Greg Thompson, not Jim....]

  What about The Graphic Exchange?  It blows the doors off of GIF3200 in speed
AND quality.  Besides, it'll convert from anything to everything.  Library
Disk #1 should be available by now (or RSN), and it has the GIF toolsets on it.

  If you wanna see it, go to your local Apple dealer, and bug 'em about it,
or just buy the thing directly.  Roger Wagner publishes it.  I'm tellin' ya,
it's worth the $$.

  If you're gonna mention GIF convertors, mention 'em all, Matt.  Don't leave
any of the out...  And stop mentioning LHG.  I'm getting kinda sick of you
talking about it all the time...

> --
> /unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       Apple IIGS Forever!

                -Greg T.
                 ARPANet: gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu
                 BITNet:  R746GT0T@CMCCVB
                 AOL:     GRTHOMPSON

Temporary account services provided by:

Jim Murphy                             "I know that you believe you understand
Internet:  ujmurphy@mcs.drexel.edu     what you think I said. But I am not sure
GEnie:     J.MURPHY7                   you realize that what you heard is not
AOL:       Jim Murphy                  what I meant."

steve@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Steve Fenwick) (06/23/91)

Does  The Graphic Exchange support Computer Eyes Raw Data -> 3200 color
format yet?  I know that one program was coming out with that feature, but
I'm not sure which one.

 _________________
/  Steve          \__________________________________________________________
|  1. ProLine: Steve@pro-hindugods                                           |
|  2. UUCP: crash!pro-hindugods!Steve                                        |
|  3. Internet: Steve@pro-hindugods.cts.com                                  |
|  4. ARPA: crash!pro-hindugods!Steve@nosc.mil                               |

iceman@pro-acsd.cts.com (Randy Schaer) (06/25/91)

  I have run into a couple gif's that it would not  read  but it  would do
(show) the majority of the gifs that i have...the newer version(6.0) is a
lot better.  I have run into a couple mac files that it seems to cut the
picture in 2, has anyone had that problem????
----