[comp.sys.apple2] Music

sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu (01/30/91)

It's been a long time since I did any programming on my ][c.  Now that
I'd like to get back into programming (just a bit), I have forgotten
how to produce music (sound) from Applesoft BASIC or ProDOS.
Could someone kindly refresh my memory of how to get the speaker
in my Apple dancing again?

Thanks.

BTW: Is there a difference in the command to produce sound between
ProDOS and DOS 3.3 BASIC?  Or is it the same?

Scott
Internet: sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu

sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu (01/31/91)

I don't know whether or not my other message has reached this journal,
but I will post another.
It has been a while since I have done any programming on my ][c.  I would
like to write a program utilizing the ][c's sound capability, but I have
forgotten the sound command.  Could someone please refresh my memory for
this command?  And, is there a difference in the command for ProDOS and
DOS 3.3, or is it the same command?
BTW:  I am talking about programming in BASIC.  You may have guessed it,
but I thought I'd clarify.

Thank you very much in advance.

Scott Ehrlich [Internet: sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu]

jlevitsky@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Joshua Levitsky) (02/05/91)

You're in Northeastern! I'll be going there in Sept. 1991. Comp Sci Dept. What
are you in? About the Sound commands in Basic... I knew em, but forgot... I'll
look them up and hopefully E-mail them to you.
-Joshie EMT

INET: jlevitsky@gnh-applesauce.cts.com
UUCP: crash!pnet01!gnh-applesauce!jlevitsky
ARPA: crash!pnet01!gnh-applesauce!jlevitsky@nosc.mil

PYC121@URIACC.BITNET (Andy Kress) (06/24/91)

    Has anyone heard the intro song for Blood Money?  Its a game for the
 Amiga that Psygnosis puts out.  Amazing song.  Possible on the gs?
    BTW....sorry for all these notes.  Im bored at work here and these are
 things Ive wondered about for a while....Thanks for your patience...

 +--------------+-------------------------+----------------------------+
 |  Andy Kress  |  Univ. of Rhode Island  |  PYC121 AT URIACC.URI.EDU  |
 +--------------+--------+----------------+----------------------------+
 |  No, it's not a Mac.  |  Apple II: The power to rule the world!!!   |
 +-----------------------+---------------------------------------------+

cmm@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Chris M McKinsey) (06/24/91)

Yes, of course it's possible. The GS has an Ensoniq 5503 sound chip.

   <BIG SMILES>

vandamme@pnet91.cts.com (Alex Bosika) (06/25/91)

Thanks Mark!

These games sound very interesting. I am going to check out B.R.C.C. about
that one Trekkie game. Is there any way to get the OTHERS?

I almost doubt it because from the looks of it, some of them appear to be very
old in terms of when they were made and sold. Hmm....

Wish I had my IIe and IIgs earlier....

I hunt it down. Very hard to find software for the II anymore up here in
Toronto, CANADA. Only one dealer actually sells them, and they are old
products with high prices. And to think, they're an authorized Apple dealer. I
usually go mail-order now to the States for the good stuff. I'll check out
BRCC and thanks again.
/s

UUCP: torag!pnet91!vandamme
INET: vandamme@pnet91.cts.com

$CSB205@LSUVM.BITNET (Mark Orr) (06/26/91)

|From:         info-apple-request@APPLE.COM
|Subject:      Re: Music

|Thanks Mark!

You're welcome!

|These games sound very interesting. I am going to check out B.R.C.C. about
|that one Trekkie game. Is there any way to get the OTHERS?
|
|I almost doubt it because from the looks of it, some of them appear to be very
|old in terms of when they were made and sold. Hmm....
|
|Wish I had my IIe and IIgs earlier....

If you wan't Apple Trek (you do) I can stick it (and a few other Integer BASIC
programs too) on a disk and send it to you. When I bought my Integer ROM Apple
II back in '78 they gave you two cassettes (one w/ cassette Applesoft and a
demo and one w/ Apple Trek and Star Wars). Apple Trek is, despite it being 13
years old, one of the most impressive programs ever devised for the Apple II.
It very intelligently uses the text screen and has neat sound effects. And it's
hard!!!

|I hunt it down. Very hard to find software for the II anymore up here in
|Toronto, CANADA. Only one dealer actually sells them, and they are old
|products with high prices. And to think, they're an authorized Apple dealer. I
|usually go mail-order now to the States for the good stuff. I'll check out
|BRCC and thanks again.

When I was in Canada last summer, I noticed that too; that it was hard to track
down Apple products in general...I couldn't find a dealer that handled II
stuff. And I passed through four or five major cities (Hamilton, Toronto,
Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec city. Toronto and Montreal were neat. Ottawa was
a hoot...talking with the typical crowd of protestors on Parliament Hill (I
had to wait because Nelson Mandela was in town...stayed in the same hotel:
the Chateau Laurier). Quebec (the city)...forget it: Imagine a few hundred
thousand of the most obnoxious, mean spirited people you'd ever not want to
meet. Ch. Frontenac is a nice place to look at, but you don't want to stay
there (weird rooms, poorly maintained...CP dropped the ball on that one)
But enough of my travels.

|UUCP: torag!pnet91!vandamme
|INET: vandamme@pnet91.cts.com

--------------------------------   "We were having a great time, but
! Mark Orr                     !    Macintosh wasn't selling that well.
! $CSB205 @ LSUVM.SNCC.LSU.EDU !    The Apple II was paying our way."
!         @ LSUVM.BITNET       !                  - Guy Kawasaki
--------------------------------      From his book: The Macintosh Way