[comp.sys.apple2] BASIC printing

apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Amrit Chauhan) (06/23/91)

        I have an Apple //gs with an ImageWriter II hooked into the printer
serial port.  Everyone knows that BASIC programs have lines that extend
beyond 80 characters.  Well, is there any way I can get the printer to
print them on separate lines?  Whenever you do a "pr#1" and type "list"
every line that extends beyond 80 columns is really screwed.  It prints the
first 80 characters just fine, but after that it never CR and prints the
rest of the line on the same line giving you unreadable text.  It only
linefeeds when it reaches the end of that particular line.  Is there a
special control panel setting or a program that will allow me to do this?
Thanks in advance.

Amrit

===The Hindu Love Gods BBS - - - - Bloomfield Hills, MI - - - -313/644-0481===
ProLine:  apollo@pro-hindugods                | Amrit S. Chauhan
Internet: apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com        | Voice: 313/644-2971
UUCP:     crash!pro-hindugods!apollo          | Intel 9600ex Modem in use.
ARPA:     crash!pro-hindugods!apollo@nosc.mil | PPE member: thanks jwolverton
The only ProLine site in the 313 area.  Come on, someone buy a ProLine here.
:)  :-)  C:#  %-|   =|:-)=  :<)=  `-)  :-C  :-O  :-D  B-)  8-:)  :->  :-c  :*)

matthew@pro-nka.cts.com (Matthew McGehrin) (06/24/91)

> print them on separate lines?  Whenever you do a "pr#1" and type "list"
> every line that extends beyond 80 columns is really screwed.  It prints
the
> first 80 characters just fine, but after that it never CR and prints the
> rest of the line on the same line giving you unreadable text.  It only
> linefeeds when it reaches the end of that particular line.  Is there a
> special control panel setting or a program that will allow me to do this?
> Thanks in advance.

I had this problem on a apple //e and a imagewriter I printer. Make sure
first that you are in 40 column mode, then issue a pr#1 and type "list"
everything should be fine. For some odd reason this does not work in 80 col
mode for me.

-- matthew

+------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Internet: matthew@pro-nka.cts.com  | Pro-Nka : 201-944-3102 : 9600/v32/v42 |
|     uucp: crash!pro-nka!matthew    | Leonia, New Jersey    Intel 9600EX    |
|                                    |                                       |
| All thoughts are mine. If you have | a different idea, email it or post it.|
+------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

ben@lablues.UUCP (Ben Wise) (06/25/91)

apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com (Amrit Chauhan) writes:

>         I have an Apple //gs with an ImageWriter II hooked into the printer
> serial port.  Everyone knows that BASIC programs have lines that extend
> beyond 80 characters.  Well, is there any way I can get the printer to
> print them on separate lines?  Whenever you do a "pr#1" and type "list"
> every line that extends beyond 80 columns is really screwed.  It prints the
> first 80 characters just fine, but after that it never CR and prints the
> rest of the line on the same line giving you unreadable text.  It only
> linefeeds when it reaches the end of that particular line.  Is there a
> special control panel setting or a program that will allow me to do this?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Amrit

   In the control panel, there is an option, (Under printer port), called
"Line length". Well, try setting that to 80, instead of unlimited. That
SHOULD do the trick.

- Ben

I409@DMAFHT1.BITNET (KRS) (06/27/91)

Another way to get a proper listing printout would be, to set the IW II
into 80 chars/line mode by:
PRINT CHR$(4)"PR#n" : PRINT CHR$(9)"80N" : LIST : PRINT CHR$(4)"PR#0"

...that's just the old well known ctrl.i 80 N (as in AppleWorks e.g.)

KRS