[comp.sys.apple2] APW C

calvinc@vodka.uucp (Calvin Cheng) (06/08/91)

I have a copy of the APW C 1.0 with a faulty disk.  I just called up APDA
and got the reply that they no longer carry backups for the older v1.0.
The cost for the full APW 1.0 environment together with APW C 1.0.2
now costs about $190.  I am wondering if ByteWorks provides for an
upgrade offer to Orca/C at a more reasonable.  It seems that v1.0.2 of
APW C doesn't really offer any significant advancement over 1.0.

Calvin Cheng
<< The Best is Yet to Be! >>

gotzel@hydra.unm.edu (Paul Gotzel) (06/21/91)

Yeah.  I just bought the newest version of Orca/C from Quality Computers for
$80.  It is just beautiful.  Fast too.  Of course, it is nice to have over a
meg if you want to use the desktop.

						-Pole
"Mind that she don't get green malt on the floor." -Thomas Hardy

rhyde@koufax.ucr.edu (randy hyde) (06/22/91)

"FAST" is not something I've every heard associated with ORCA/C.
I wonder what your basis for comparison is?
*** Randy Hyde

scott@ne3005.ingr.com (Scott Gentry) (06/27/91)

rhyde@koufax.ucr.edu (randy hyde) writes:

>"FAST" is not something I've every heard associated with ORCA/C.
>I wonder what your basis for comparison is?
>*** Randy Hyde

He likes it, Randy.  Give him break.  Not everyone has multi-mip, supercharged
machines at their disposal.

Compared to APW C, ORCA/C is a rocket.  Remember that, too.
* W. Scott Gentry       | uucp: uunet!ingr!ne1300!brnded!scott |   I didn't   *
* Intergraph Corporation| America Online: AFL Scott            |   mean it!   *