[comp.sys.apple2] Error message

carndt@NIKE.CALPOLY.EDU (Chris Arndt) (06/26/91)

I have gotten the following error a couple of times since loading
my new SCSI drive with the backup files:

Could not load/unload resource
Type=8006
ID=00000049
Error1E06

It has occured while using the word processor module, I believe during a
font change.

Could someone help me decipher this error and help me recover from it?

Also, is there a resource (book, technote, ??) I can get that will help me
with things like this in the future?

Thanks,

Chris     carndt@pan.calpoly.edu

q4kx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Joel Sumner) (06/28/91)

In article <9106260142.AA1139626@nike.calpoly.edu>,
carndt@NIKE.CALPOLY.EDU (Chris Arndt) writes:

> I have gotten the following error a couple of times since loading
> my new SCSI drive with the backup files:
>
> Could not load/unload resource
> Type=8006
> ID=00000049
> Error1E06
>
> It has occured while using the word processor module, I believe during a
> font change.
>
> Could someone help me decipher this error and help me recover from it?

Well, like it says, it couldn't find the resource.  Is this the ONLY error
you get or do you get other 'could not load/unload resource' errors.  Error
1E06 is resource not found if I recall.  The only thing I could think of is
the program you used to backup or restore did not recognize forked files
(bad news).  Beyond that I would have to see more symptoms.

> Also, is there a resource (book, technote, ??) I can get that will help me
> with things like this in the future?

Well, there is the ToolBox Reference III but that is probably overkill.  It
does detail the entire resource mgr (along with other updated toolsets)
and lists error codes and such.  You best source of info on that type
of problem is most likely Mattd, Andy, Dave, etc.. It is somewhat of a
--
Joel Sumner                     GENIE:JOEL.SUMNER     This .sig may not be used
q4kx@cornella.ccs.cornell.edu   q4kx@cornella         for public viewing or