[comp.sys.apple2] Please fix this: on Appleworks GS

giovin@medr0.ecs.umass.edu (Rocky J Giovinazzo) (06/27/91)

I don't know who to write to at Apple about this (the last time I
wrote to customer service about something I was redirected to
a completely inappropriate department)... Anyway, on the old
Multiscribe, the option key used with the arrow keys allowed
one to move the cursor word by word.  This feature is also
common on macintosh programs and is something I used to
find VERY convenient.

Apparently, the people responsible for AWGS neglected to include this
feature and have yet to add it in an update.  If there's anyone
from Apple/Claris out there listening, PLEASE add the option-arrow
key function.  Constantly switching between the mouse and keyboard
is annoying and considerable slows down typing/editting.

Thanks,
Rocky Giovinazzo

mkheintz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Michael Heintz) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun27.030914.2207@risky.ecs.umass.edu> giovin@medr0.ecs.umass.edu (Rocky J Giovinazzo) writes:
>I don't know who to write to at Apple about this (the last time I
>wrote to customer service about something I was redirected to
>a completely inappropriate department)... Anyway, on the old
>Multiscribe, the option key used with the arrow keys allowed
>one to move the cursor word by word.  This feature is also
>common on macintosh programs and is something I used to
>find VERY convenient.

*SURPRISE!*

It actually does work!  Make sure you go into the control panel under
"Alphabet" and set keyboard translation to standard, not none.  This
will also allow you to use the special characters you get when you
type option+character.

For some reason, my keyboard translation always gets reset to
"none" so I must enter the control panel and reset it, perhaps
this is a bug... I'm not sure.

>Thanks,
>Rocky Giovinazzo

QUICK NOTE ON AWGS GRAPHICS MODULE:

I just tried it and it is a true, honest-to-God, draw program.  I made
the round object so squashed that it appeard to be broken apart, and
when I printed it, it was smooth.

Hope this stuff helps!!

Mike