[comp.sys.apple2] Telnet for the GS

A_MILLSBS@CCSVAX.SFASU.EDU (B. Scott Mills) (06/28/91)

I asked the question 6 months or so ago and got a negative response and
generation a discussion on the list.

Is there anyone out there working on Telnet for the GS?

We have multiple appletalk networks on campus interconnected through Shiva
Fastpaths and our ethernet backbone.  It would be real nice if I could telnet
through these things on a GS.

Any development news out there??

Thanks,

B. Scott Mills                                                Apple // Forever
Student Programmer, Stephen F. Austin State University
a_millsbs@ccsvax.sfasu.edu                      Almost Heaven BBS 409-362-2020
smills@sfaustin.bitnet

benson@vuse.vanderbilt.edu (Paul Benson) (06/29/91)

In article <910628094213.20c02102@CCSVAX.SFASU.EDU> A_MILLSBS@CCSVAX.SFASU.EDU (B. Scott Mills) writes:
>I asked the question 6 months or so ago and got a negative response and
>generation a discussion on the list.
>
>Is there anyone out there working on Telnet for the GS?

>B. Scott Mills                                                Apple // Forever
>Student Programmer, Stephen F. Austin State University
>a_millsbs@ccsvax.sfasu.edu                      Almost Heaven BBS 409-362-2020
>smills@sfaustin.bitnet

  I know Rick, one of my partners, answered this about 1 month ago.  We
  (Rick, Todd Whitsel (I think), & I) are going to try to work on this.
  I have some mac source code & we'll try to port it.  Everyone has been
  busy.  Things should clear up for me on July 5, because that is when our
  research grant for a company expires & we've been trying to give them
  everything they want in the last month.  I'm sure a lot of grad students &
  profs can relate to that.  So Rick, if you're 'listening' I should be free
  soon, then we can get down to bizness.
--
  Paul 'BaJa' Benson
  Vanderbilt University

EWINGRA@CTRVAX.VANDERBILT.EDU (06/29/91)

Not much has happened in this arena in the last month and I am still waiting
to hear from Todd Whitsel when he finishes his current summer project so
that he can give me some time for this.  If you're listening Todd, drop
me a line on your progress.

--Rick