[comp.sys.apple2] Audio Animator and HyperStudio

mdj@pro-fred.cts.com (Mark de Jong) (05/23/91)

Has anyone out there managed to get HyperStudio to use the Audio Animator
when recording sounds from a mike plugged into the "MIC" plug on the Audio
Animator mixer.  Please send email to:  mdj@pro-mdj.cts.com.  Thanks.

        -- Mark

mdj@nic.cerf.net (Mark de Jong) (06/20/91)

Quick question: has anyone out there gotten their AE Audio Animator to work with
HyperStudio?  I cannot get it to record at all.  I can, however, record using
the AA software that comes from AE.  Any clues?  (ROM 01 GS; 4 Meg memory; 40M
hard disk).

Thanks, in advance, for all your help.

	-- Mark

taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Brian Tao) (06/22/91)

mdj@nic.cerf.net (Mark de Jong) writes:

> Quick question: has anyone out there gotten their AE Audio Animator to work w
> HyperStudio?  I cannot get it to record at all.  I can, however, record using
> the AA software that comes from AE.  Any clues?  (ROM 01 GS; 4 Meg memory; 40
> hard disk).

    If the AA card ROM is the same as the Sonic Blaster ROM, then there is a
softswitch that controls the input gain.  The Audio Animator software sets
this correctly when recording, but Sound Shop or HyperStudio won't.  As a
result, the signal getting through to the Ensoniq is so weak that it doesn't
register in other applications.  I don't have my Sonic Blaster manual handy,
but it lists the softswitch location, in case you ever want to do any
programming with it.  Mail me if you don't have the information by now.

mkheintz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Michael Heintz) (06/23/91)

In article <05BX42w162w@micor.ocunix.on.ca> taob@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Brian Tao) writes:
>mdj@nic.cerf.net (Mark de Jong) writes:
>
>> Quick question: has anyone out there gotten their AE Audio Animator to work w
>> HyperStudio?  I cannot get it to record at all.  I can, however, record using
>> the AA software that comes from AE.  Any clues?  (ROM 01 GS; 4 Meg memory; 40
>> hard disk).

Sorry this turned out so messy, I just have a quick comment to make...

Record your samples with AA and load them into the SoundShop on
HyperStudio.  You can manipulate them there and save them as
HyperStudio sound files.

I have the Sonic Blaster, and this method works fine for me!

Mike

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) (06/29/91)

|Quick question: has anyone out there gotten their AE Audio Animator to work
|with
|
|HyperStudio?  I cannot get it to record at all.  I can, however, record using
|the AA software that comes from AE.  Any clues?  (ROM 01 GS; 4 Meg memory;
|40M hard disk).

The AA digitizes audio differently than the Hyperstudio's digitizer.  The AA
has it's own ADC and sends the data through the slot it's in.  The Hyperstudio
uses the Ensoniq to digitize analog signal to digital and it goes through the
Ensoniq, the sound RAM, and then to main memory.  Use the AA software to
digitize.  I'm not fimilar with file formats each use, but should be able to
play the raw data anyways, somehow.

INET: whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com
UUCP: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf
ARPA: crash!gnh-starport!whitewolf@nosc.mil