[comp.sys.apple2] What happened to MUSE Software?

mhill@pnet91.cts.com (Martin Hill) (06/26/91)

Does anybody know for certain whether or not MUSE software still exists? They
wrote Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond C.W. years ago. I'd like to know because
I'm developing a sequel for the GS and I want to know if I can use the "Castle
Wolfenstein" name in it.

UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!mhill
INET: mhill@pnet91.cts.com

mcl9337@harpo.tamu.edu (LOWE, MARK CHRISTOPHER) (06/27/91)

In article <892@generic.UUCP>, mhill@pnet91.cts.com (Martin Hill) writes...
>Does anybody know for certain whether or not MUSE software still exists? They
>wrote Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond C.W. years ago. I'd like to know because
>I'm developing a sequel for the GS and I want to know if I can use the "Castle
>Wolfenstein" name in it.

Way back in the golden days of the Apple //e, I bought an old (circa 1980) copy
of a neat program called The Voice from Muse.  This was about 1984 or 5.  The
disk was skanked, though.  So, I called Muse and they sent me a replacement for
a very reasonable $10.  The Voice is a program utilizing all the routines used
in the aforementioned Wolfenstein programs.  It was a lot of fun.  You had to
record yourself onto a cassette, then sample it by way of the cassette port on
the Apple.  What was really cool was making the the Nazi's say things like
"Yo Pass!" and "Busted!"

That's just a nostalgic aside... if they still exist, they would probably be
at this address (taken from the invoice from the above software replacement.)

The Muse Company
347 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone (301) 659-7212

I hope they're still around!  Let me know!

Mark C. "Bro!" Lowe - KB5III

PS- You should hear my Baptist Ministuh disk!

asong@pro-nbs.cts.com (Andi Song) (06/27/91)

        You know what was even better than Castle Wolfenstein?

                                Castle SMURFenstein!!! And I still play it!
----
ProLine:  asong@pro-nbs
Internet: asong@pro-nbs.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-nbs!asong
ARPA:     crash!pro-nbs!asong@nosc.mil

rsopicki@pro-amber.cts.com (Randy Sopicki) (06/29/91)

I concurr with that! I liked  Castle W but I loved Castle S.
----
ProLine:  rsopicki@pro-amber
Internet: rsopicki@pro-amber.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-amber!rsopicki