[comp.sys.apple2] apple.80 terminal emulation

page@pro-party.cts.com (Niall Durham) (06/29/91)

Hi guys.  Can anyone tell me where I can get information for the apple.80
terminal emulation?  The list of control characters and stuff to turn
inverse on and off, and the jumping around the screen codes.

I am going to order modemworks soon, but I was wondering if I would need
the information I asked for above.  Doesn't modemworks have a thing where
you can load terminal emulation and it already has specified amperstand
commands to do stuff?

-page

----
ProLine:  page@pro-party
Internet: page@pro-party.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-party!page
ARPA:     crash!pro-party!page@nosc.mil
----

mdavis@pro-sol.cts.com (Morgan Davis) (07/01/91)

} Hi guys.  Can anyone tell me where I can get information for the apple.80
} terminal emulation?  The list of control characters and stuff to turn
} inverse on and off, and the jumping around the screen codes.

The apple80 terminal template (for use with ModemWorks or ProLine) follows
the standard Apple 80 column firmware control codes for performing terminal
functions.  Check any Apple programming manual for a list of these codes.
(e.g. Apple IIe 80 Column Card reference or Apple IIGS Firmware Reference).

} I am going to order modemworks soon, but I was wondering if I would need
} the information I asked for above.  Doesn't modemworks have a thing where
} you can load terminal emulation and it already has specified amperstand
} commands to do stuff?

ModemWorks comes with a 150-page manual that describes everything you need or
want to know about using terminal emulation with ModemWorks.  Basically, all
the hard work is done for you.  You load in a terminal template with the
&TSET command, and then you perform various terminal functions with the
&IOCTL command.  The neat thing is that all your program has to do is issue
the command, i.e.:

        & ioctl (ioClearScreen)

and ModemWorks determines which codes to send through the modem to do a
screen clear based on the terminal you loaded in with &TSET.  ModemWorks
supports over 28 separate terminal emulation functions -- everything from
reverse scrolling to mousetext support.

The manual documents all these abilities and more relating to emulation.
ModemWorks is $59.95 direct from the Morgan Davis Group.

} -page
}
} ----
} ProLine:  page@pro-party
} Internet: page@pro-party.cts.com
} UUCP:     crash!pro-party!page
} ARPA:     crash!pro-party!page@nosc.mil

--Morgan Davis
  10079 Nuerto Lane, Rancho San Diego, California, 91977-7132  (619) 670-0563

UUCP: crash!pro-sol!mdavis           AOL, BIX: mdavis
ARPA: crash!pro-sol!mdavis@nosc.mil  GEnie:    m.davis42
INET: mdavis@pro-sol.cts.com         ProLine:  mdavis@pro-sol