[comp.sys.apple2] HC Mac -> HC IIGS

carnahan@pogo.den.mmc.com (Rich Carnahan) (06/26/91)

Sometime ago I remember seeing some posts re: one (or two?) programs
that translate HC mac stacks to HC IIGS stacks and vice versa.  What's
the availability of such?  Commercial, shareware?

Thanks.

Rich

--------------> rich <--------------  carnahan@inljeff.den.mmc.com
                                      carnahan@pogo.den.mmc.com

Martin Marietta Astronautics Group
Box 1260
MS XL8058
Denver, Colorado 80201-1260

(303) 971-7981

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Jawaid Bazyar) (06/26/91)

carnahan@pogo.den.mmc.com (Rich Carnahan) writes:

>Sometime ago I remember seeing some posts re: one (or two?) programs
>that translate HC mac stacks to HC IIGS stacks and vice versa.  What's
>the availability of such?  Commercial, shareware?

    The program you're looking for is called "HyperMover"
and comes standard with the HyperCard distribution.  It's a HyperCard
Stack.  You also need it's sister program on the Macintosh end.

At least I think it comes standard.  If not, it's certainly available through
APDA.

>Denver, Colorado 80201-1260
^^^^^^^

  If you're in the mood for some *good* food, check out the Cafe de la Paix
in Littleton, a nice little French/American restaurant.  Tell the boss
Jawaid sent ya :-)
(sorry for the blatant plug).
--
Jawaid Bazyar               |  "Twenty seven faces- with their eyes turned to
Graduated!/Comp Engineering |    the sky. I have got a camera, and an airtight

danw@stonyman.hac.com (Dan White) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun26.085358.16557@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Jawaid Bazyar) writes:
|> carnahan@pogo.den.mmc.com (Rich Carnahan) writes:
|>
|> >Sometime ago I remember seeing some posts re: one (or two?) programs
|> >that translate HC mac stacks to HC IIGS stacks and vice versa.  What's
|> >the availability of such?  Commercial, shareware?
|>
|>     The program you're looking for is called "HyperMover"
|> and comes standard with the HyperCard distribution.  It's a HyperCard
|> Stack.  You also need it's sister program on the Macintosh end.
|>
|> At least I think it comes standard.  If not, it's certainly available through
|> APDA.

	Hyper-Mover ISNOTavailable through APDA. However, I heard through my user group (Washington Apple Pi) that it is going to be made available through user groups shortly.

	More info when it becomes available.

                       Dan White (danw@mitchell.hac.com)
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life
 exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has
 tried to contact us."            Calvin (Bill Waterson)

carnahan@possum.den.mmc.com (Rich Carnahan) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun26.085358.16557@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Jawaid Bazyar) writes:

>>Denver, Colorado 80201-1260
>^^^^^^^
>
>  If you're in the mood for some *good* food, check out the Cafe de la Paix
>in Littleton, a nice little French/American restaurant.  Tell the boss
>Jawaid sent ya :-)
>(sorry for the blatant plug).
>--

Do they serve Rocky Mountain Le Oistairs? :>)

V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") (06/28/91)

On Wed, 26 Jun 1991 11:58:17 GMT <info-apple-request@APPLE.COM> said:

>	Hyper-Mover ISNOTavailable through APDA. However, I heard through my user
>group
> (Washington Apple Pi) that it is going to be made available through user
>groups
> shortly.
>
>	More info when it becomes available.
>

>--
Each issue comes with a magazine with articles on developing (mostly Mac,
but some Apple 2)  and includes a CD-ROM.  You can contact APDA about ordering
back issues or subscriptions at (800) 282-APDA.  Also, the back issues are
$10.

Hope this helps.

George A. Piotrowski, Coordinator     CREN/Bitnet: V2071A@TEMPLEVM
Educational Computing Center       Internet: v2071a@vm.temple.edu
Temple University                  Internet: gap@picasso.ocis.temple.edu
Philadelphia, PA 19122       AOL: GaPio        AppleLink: PIOTROWSKI1
(215) 787-6228               CI$: 74046,1304       Genie: G.PIOTROWSKI

Doc Brown: Obviously, the Time Continuum has been disrupted creating
this New Temporal Event Sequence resulting in this Alternate Reality!
Acknowledge-To: <V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU>

In article <9106280456.AA20977@apple.com> V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") writes:

>If you have acess to a Mac or Apple 2 with a CD-ROM, you can get the Hyper-
>mover program (both Mac and Apple 2 version) on the latest issue of
>d e v e l o p.

I wouldn't try this with the _latest_ issues of these CD-ROMs (Develop #6 or
Developer CD Vol. VII) unless you have access to a Macintosh and either an
AppleShare file server or MPW IIgs.

Somehow the Apple II partitions on both these releases got munged.  There's
no ProDOS partition at all on Develop #6, and the ProDOS partition on Developer
CD Vol. VII is only about 1/3 present.  All the information is on the HFS
partition in the "Apple II" folder, but you'll need a Mac to get at it.

You can't use Apple File Exchange to get the IIgs side of HyperMover that way
because it's a HyperCard stack and has a resource fork, which AFE happily
doesn't know how to touch.  MPW IIgs's command "DuplicateIIgs" will work, and
so will an AppleShare file server -- but another Developer CD Vol. VII problem
prevents the disk from being used with FileShare under Mac System 7.0.

<sigh>  Yeah, the folks who do the Developer CD are pretty steamed, too.  They
spent a lot of time looking at each other with strange expressions going "How
could this happen when we triple-checked it 47,462 times?", which they did.
We're still trying to figure it out, and we're watching the next disk's
manufacturing process _very_ carefully.

Matt Deatherage, Developer Technical  | The opinions expressed herein are
Support, Apple Computer, Inc.         | not those of Apple Computer, and
Personal mail only, please.  Thanks.  | shame on you for thinking otherwise.
^^^^^^^^ Technical questions are not personal. Please post them instead.

V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") (07/01/91)

On Sun, 30 Jun 1991 17:28:31 GMT Matt Deatherage said:
>In article <9106280456.AA20977@apple.com> V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU ("George A.
> Piotrowski Jr.") writes:
>>
>I wouldn't try this with the _latest_ issues of these CD-ROMs (Develop #6 or
>Developer CD Vol. VII) unless you have access to a Macintosh and either an
>AppleShare file server or MPW IIgs.
>
>You can't use Apple File Exchange to get the IIgs side of HyperMover that way
>because it's a HyperCard stack and has a resource fork, which AFE happily
>doesn't know how to touch.  MPW IIgs's command "DuplicateIIgs" will work, and
>so will an AppleShare file server -- but another Developer CD Vol. VII problem
>prevents the disk from being used with FileShare under Mac System 7.0.

Matt,

I was having a problem mounting Develop #6 on personal Filesare on 7.0.  It
keeps telling me that some volumes cannot be mounted.  Is this the same
problem you were talking about with the developer CD??  I have a //gs and
Macs on my network at work and I was trying to get the Hypermover down to
the GS to try it out by mouniting the Apple 2 folder onto fileshare.  I didn't
spend too much time trying it, but I will tomorrow.  Any info would be
appreciated.

Later,