[comp.text.tex] CTeX Macintosh MPW Tool

c3ar@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Walter C3arlip) (02/23/90)

Once, a long time ago, someone posted (or perhaps archived) a port of CTeX
to the Macintosh as an MPW tool.  Is this available anywhere for anonymous
ftp?  [If anyone has this, I'd be glad to add it to the Macintosh/TeX
archive on tank.uchicago.edu, which currently has OzTeX, Macbibtex,
Macmakeindex, and Macmetafont.]

I would like to get this in order to have a very large version of TeX so
that I can run Michael Spivak's new product LamsTeX.  (I have a lot of
complicated commutative diagrams to TeX.)  Neither TeXtures nor OzTeX have
large enough hash tables to run LamsTeX (and have enough room for enough
additional definitions).  I have looked into increasing the size of OzTeX,
and may eventually be able to do this, but it is a completely nontrivial
task.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

--Walter
Walter C3arlip 				c3ar@zaphod.uchicago.edu
(the "3" is silent)			c3ar%zaphod@UCHIMVS1.bitnet

simon@alberta.uucp (Simon Tortike) (02/24/90)

In article <7785@tank.uchicago.edu> c3ar@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Walter C3arlip) writes:
>Once, a long time ago, someone posted (or perhaps archived) a port of CTeX
(--- some deleted---)
>I would like to get this in order to have a very large version of TeX so
>that I can run Michael Spivak's new product LamsTeX.  (I have a lot of
>complicated commutative diagrams to TeX.)  Neither TeXtures nor OzTeX have
>large enough hash tables to run LamsTeX (and have enough room for enough

This is odd.  The TeXplorators (Michaels Spivak's company selling
LamsTeX) is selling a TeXtures-specific version of LamsTeX.  We have
ordered it and if it is not going to work I should be very interested to
know.

>_____________________________________________________________________________
>Walter C3arlip 				c3ar@zaphod.uchicago.edu
>(the "3" is silent)			c3ar%zaphod@UCHIMVS1.bitnet
>_____________________________________________________________________________
(so is the invisible `Q`:-)

-------------------
W. Simon Tortike,                         | tel    : 403/492-3338
Dept of Mining, Metallurgical             | fax    : 403/492-7219
      and Petroleum Engineering,          | CDNnet : simon@cs.UAlberta.CA
University of Alberta,                    | uucp   : simon@alberta.uucp
Edmonton, AB, CANADA T6G 2G6.             |

c3ar@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Walter C3arlip) (02/24/90)

In article <1990Feb23.170954.25528@cs.UAlberta.CA> simon@alberta.UUCP (Simon Tortike) writes:

>This is odd.  The TeXplorators (Michaels Spivak's company selling
>LamsTeX) is selling a TeXtures-specific version of LamsTeX.  We have
>ordered it and if it is not going to work I should be very interested to
>know.

In case my previous posting gave the wrong impression let me set the record
straight: LamsTeX works fine with TeXtures.  The only caveat is that
Lamstex uses 2700 control sequences, while TeXtures hash table has room for
only 3000. Thus, you are limited to 300 "personal" definitions--many fewer
than I usually use.