From: youy@csd2.NYU.EDU (Yongtao You)
Date: 21 Feb 90 17:55 EST
Subject: VLSI CAD tool Designer/Implementor
Newsgroups: misc.jobs.resumes

Dear Prospective Employer:

I am currently looking for employment in applications programming,
especially in designing and implementing VLSI CAD tools.

For my thesis, I have designed substantial pieces of VLSI CAD subsystems;
the ultimate goal of my work is to allow the designer to integrate custom
and automatic design styles in a flexible and efficient manner. In
particular, I built a multi-level simulator which inputs any hierarchical
mix of modules designed in Magic (a Berkeley designed VLSI painting and
circuit extraction system) and in a restriction of C (the programming
language). Another more experimental portion of the thesis performs layout
optimization. The system runs on a SUN workstation under UNIX environment.

As my resume indicates, I am expecting my Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science
from New York University, in Sept, 1990. My nationality is People's
Republic of China, as is that of my wife, who is here with me in this
country.

Enclosed please find my resume below. I am looking forward to hearing
from you. Please call me at home: (718-898-2391) or send me e-mail:
(you@cs.nyu.edu).  Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Yongtao You

			    YONGTAO YOU

University Address:				Permanent Address:
251 Mercer Street				104-43, 43rd Ave.
New York, NY 10012				Corona, NY 11368
(212) 998-3490					(718) 898-2391
you@cs.nyu.edu

JOB OBJECTIVE:

	To pursue a position as a programmer/analyst, especially as a
	VLSI CAD tool designer, implementor.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:

    New York University, Computer Science Dept.

	Research Assistant ---
	    Working on multi-level simulation of VLSI circuits, automatic
	    VLSI circuit placement and routing.  September 1986 to present

	Assistant Research Scientist, NYU Ultracomputer Project ---
	    Working on improving Crystal, a VLSI circuit timing verifier.
    	    June 1986 to August 1986

    LAN Systems, Inc. New York, NY

	Programmer ---
	    Working on upgrading ReferencePoint, a database on PC network.
	    June 1988 to September 1988

    Jilin University, Computer Science Dept. P.R. China

	Assistant Research Scientist ---
	    Working on surveying expert system design techniques.
	    September 1982 to June 1984

SKILLS:

    Programming Environments:

	VAX/UNIX, VAX/VMS, IBM-PC/MS-DOS, SunView, SUN/UNIX

    Programming Languages:

	ALGOL, C, Turbo-C, C++, Lisp, Pascal, Turbo-Pascal

    Foreign Languages:

	Fluent and bicultural in Chinese.

EDUCATION:

	B.S. in Computer Science, Jilin University, P.R. China, June 1982
	M.S. in Computer Science, New York University, June 1986
	Ph.D. in Computer Science, New York University, Sept. 1990 (expected)

THESIS:

	Toward a Fully Integrated VLSI CAD System: From Custom to Fully
	Automatic.

COMMENDATIONS AND AWARDS:

	Fellowship from The Ministry of Education of P.R. China for the
	academic years of 1984 and 1985.