[comp.text.tex] Centering eps figures in latex

flur@duke.gatech.edu (Peter W. Flur) (02/27/90)

I'm using  Draw on my NeXT machine to create encapsulated postscript
files for inclusion in LaTeX documents.  Is there a simple way to
center them in a \begin{figure} environment in LaTeX without modifying
my figures?  Right now, I just put some invisible stuff in and "eyeball"
it.   BTW, I'm using the dvips provided on the NeXT machine.  I'm not
really sure how to use "centerline" as the documentation says.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Peter
  Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332
     USENET: ...!{allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,ulysses}!gatech!duke!flur
       INTERNET: flur@duke.gatech.edu, gt2500a@prism.gatech.edu
			PHONE: (404) 853-9355

schwer@unix.SRI.COM (Len Schwer) (02/27/90)

In article <6463@hydra.gatech.EDU> flur@duke.gatech.edu (Peter W. Flur) writes:

>I'm using  Draw on my NeXT machine to create encapsulated postscript
>files for inclusion in LaTeX documents.  Is there a simple way to
>center them in a \begin{figure} environment in LaTeX without modifying
>my figures?  ...  I'm not
>really sure how to use "centerline" as the documentation says.

	Try     \begin{figure}
		\centerline{ whatever your \special command syntax is}
		\end{figure}

			--Len Schwer   micro2.schwer@sri.com