[comp.text.tex] Table Macros for Plain TeX

jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) (02/27/90)

In article <25E9B5C4.17850@orion.oac.uci.edu>, sfrank@orion.oac.uci.edu (Steven Frank) writes:
>Can anyone recommend a good table macro package for plain TeX.
>If so, an ftp site where the macros can be obtained or
>contribution by mail would be greatly appreciated.

     There is a file called TABLES.TEX.  It's not too hard to use, but the
version I have is buggy.  If anyone else has it, let me know.  The version
I have will be available for anonymous FTP from uclapp.physics.ucla.edu
[128.97.64.122] later this evening.

     By the way, I do not have documentation for this - if anyone has it,
please send me a copy.
 /----------------------------\ /----------------------------------------\
| John Price                   | Internet: jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu |
| 5-145 Knudsen Hall           | BITNET:   price@uclaph                   |
| UCLA Dept. of Physics        | DECnet:   uclapp::jprice                 |
| Los Angeles, CA  90024-1547  | YellNet:  213-825-2259                   |
 \----------------------------/ \----------------------------------------/

sfrank@orion.oac.uci.edu (Steven Frank) (02/27/90)

Can anyone recommend a good table macro package for plain TeX.
If so, an ftp site where the macros can be obtained or
contribution by mail would be greatly appreciated.

steve

myers@ut-emx.UUCP (Eric Myers) (02/27/90)

In article <00932E34.1D1A33E0@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu> jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) writes:
>In article <25E9B5C4.17850@orion.oac.uci.edu>, sfrank@orion.oac.uci.edu (Steven Frank) writes:
>>Can anyone recommend a good table macro package for plain TeX.
>>If so, an ftp site where the macros can be obtained
>
>     There is a file called TABLES.TEX.  It's not too hard to use, but the
>version I have is buggy.
>
>     By the way, I do not have documentation for this - if anyone has it,
>please send me a copy.

  I have re-written TABLES.TEX while keeping the syntax, which is very
nice.  It's called ruled.tex and does the same things, only about 2 to 3
times faster.  I've put the source and the documentation (which is just
the same as for TABLES.TEX) up for anonymous ftp on emx.utexas.edu
(128.83.1.33) in the subdirectory texsis/tables.  [I did this for the
TeXsis format, but the files in the the tables subdirectory are
independent of TeXsis.]
--
Eric Myers		"Frankie say '\relax'"

Center for Relativity, Department of Physics, University of Texas at Austin
myers@emx.utexas.edu  |   myers@utaphy.bitnet   |   myers@ut-emx.UUCP