[comp.text.tex] Questions about DECUS TEX spell checker.

daiyingshi@yvax.byu.edu (03/06/90)

Dear Netters:
        I do find there is a place from where I can ftp the TeX spell checker
in the DECUS TeX collection, but I still have some questions:
        1) Is it a spell checker for VAX ?
        2) It is a great files collection which cost too much account
           space, how could I deal with this problem?
        3) How could I use it ? Just type the SPELL after the VAX/VMS
           $ prompt? I trird this way but it didn't work.

        Anybody can answer my questions in the net ?

        Thanks  a lot in advance for help.

        daiyingshi@yvax.byu.edu

pjs@plato.JPL.NASA.gov (Peter Scott) (03/07/90)

In article <1152daiyingshi@yvax.byu.edu>, daiyingshi@yvax.byu.edu writes:
> Dear Netters:
>         I do find there is a place from where I can ftp the TeX spell checker
> in the DECUS TeX collection, but I still have some questions:
>         1) Is it a spell checker for VAX ?

Yes
>         2) It is a great files collection which cost too much account
>            space, how could I deal with this problem?

It only takes about 5000 blocks here, I doubt you'll find another spell
checker that takes less space if it includes its own dictionary. There
are only a handful of files, so I assume that the large number of files
you're talking about is composed of source code and/or installation
stuff that you can delete after installation.

>         3) How could I use it ? Just type the SPELL after the VAX/VMS
>            $ prompt? I trird this way but it didn't work.

You have to put it in your DCL command tables.  See SPELL.CLD.

Peter Scott (pjs@aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov)