[comp.text.tex] dvi2lj for MSDOS

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (---) (03/15/90)

In article <8754@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> bruno@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Bruce W. Mohler) writes:
>Does anyone know of a dvi2lj (.dvi to HP LaserJet II) driver
>for MS-DOS?  The one that I found is for generic Unix and would
>seem to require alot of work to port to DOS.

Here's what I have in the TUG archives. Additions and corrections to
dhosek@hmcvax.claremont.edu:

 HP Laserjet Plus
 >Little Computers
  (IBM PC)
   ArborText Inc., TeX Users Group
    DVIlaser/HP
     Uses GF, PK, and PXL fonts. Allows inclusion of graphics, landscape
     printing and use of printer resident and HP soft fonts.
     Cost: $225. Site licenses available. Academic discounts available.

   FTP-science.utah.edu, Radel, Personal TeX
    DVIJEP (by Nelson H.F. Beebe)
     Uses GF, PK or PXL files. Written in C. Source is included. Graphics
     inclusion specials are available are available on request.

   LaserPrint

   Micro Publishing Systems, Incorporated
    TeXprint/HP
     Uses GF, PK, and PXL fonts. Allows inclusion of graphics, landscape
     printing, collating, odd or even page selection, reverse order printing,
     and direct printing to the printer. Also included is a translation utility
     for HP soft fonts.
     Cost: $189. $150 for governmental and educational institutions.

   Neumann,FTP-uk.ac.aston.tex
    DVI2XX (by Gustav Neumann)
     Uses PK or PXL files. Written in C. Source is included. Supports
     odd and even-only page printing (for two-run duplex). Graphics
     inclusions is also supported.

   Personal TeX
    PTI Laser/HP
     Allows automatic font substitution, landscape printing, and inclusion of
     graphics.
     Cost: $195.

   XOrbit

Arbortext, Inc.
 Contact: Sales Department
 Postal Address: 535 W. William Street
                 Suite 300
                 Ann Arbor, MI 48103
 Internet: sales@arbortext.com
 Phone: (313) 996-3566

FTP-science.utah.edu
 Contact: Nelson H.F. Beebe
 Phone: (801) 581-5254
 Internet: Beebe@Science.Utah.EDU
 Files: PS:<TEX.PUBLIC.DVI...>*.* (Beebe drivers and documentation)

LaserPrint
 Postal Address: P.O. Box 35,
                 D-6101 Fr\"ankisch Crumbach, Federal Republic of Germany
 Phone: +49 6164 4044

Micro Publishing Systems, Incorporated
 Postal Address: Suite 300
                 1120 Hamilton Street
                 Vancouver, B.C. Canada, V6B 2S2
 Phone: (604) 687-0354

Neumann
 Contact: Gustav Neumann
 Bitnet: Neumann@Awiwuw11

Personal TeX
 Contact: Lance Carnes
 Postal Address: 12 Madrona Street
                 Mill Valley, CA 94941
 Phone: (415) 388-8853
 Telex: 510-601-0672

Radel
 Contact: Jon Radel
 Postal Address: P.O. Box 2276
                 Reston, VA 22090
 Notes: Software is distributed on 5.25" 360K floppy disks. For floppies
        sent with a return mailer, there is a charge of $1.50/floppy
        U.S. orders, $2/floppy elsewhere. For orders where floppies
        are supplied by Jon Radel, there is a charge of $5/floppy
        for U.S., Mexican and Canadian orders, $6/floppy elsewhere.
        3.5" 720K disks are also available for the cost of any two floppies
        each.

TeX Users Group
 Postal Address: P.O. Box 9506
                 Providence, RI 02940-9506
 Phone: 401-751-7760
 Internet: tug@math.ams.com

XOrbit
 Postal Address: P.O. Box 1345
                 D-8172 Lenggries
                 Federal Republic of Germany
 Phone: +49 8042 8081

--
Important note: The Anti-Social Committee will not be meeting this
                week.