[comp.text.tex] Getting DVI driver information

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) (03/05/90)

I will answer DVI driver queries if people post the printer they wish to
print the output on and the system that they want to run the driver on.
Give as much information as possible if your system is fairly uncommon
(e.g., it would be nice to know that a Banana 2000XLQ is functionally
equivalent to an Epson FX-80). If the above information is not present,
I will ignore the posting.

This message or something similar to it will be posted roughly monthly.

-dh
--
Important note: The Anti-Social Committee will not be meeting this
                week.

MJM13@psuvm.psu.edu (MARK McKENNA) (03/05/90)

Following up on Don's offer of locating DVI drivers..... I'm looking for a Desk
jet+ driver for an IBM AT system.. I've gotten a copy of RUMJET from West Germa
ny but haven't been able to get uudecode downloaded to the pc to test out the d
river.                                        thanks
                                                    mark

pgt@hpfipgt.fc.hp.com (Paul Tobin) (03/15/90)

	Not to be a pest, but I haven't seen any answers to the 2
Didn't I include enough info in my response?  I'd *really* like some
info on a laserjet IIp driver, even if it's just a pointer to an ftp
site with a reasonable driver and documentation.  Thanks,

			Paul Tobin
			pgt@hpfipgt.fc.hp.com

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (---) (03/16/90)

In article <29710003@hpfipgt.fc.hp.com> pgt@hpfipgt.fc.hp.com (Paul Tobin) writes:
>	Not to be a pest, but I haven't seen any answers to the 2

First, let me say that responses can take up to a month. Usually I'll
deal with them somewhat more quickly but it depends on what else is
happening in my life. Every LaTeX class that I teach, for example, takes
me away from my terminal for at least a week leaving a sizable backlog
of requests. I try to answer queries as quickly as possible, but my
primary goal is to stay in school which answering queries does not contribute
anything to. This is a volunteer service that I do and it's a spare-time
project among *many* others, so sometimes things take a while.

However, in reviewing my backlog, your query was nowhere to be found, so
in this case concern was warranted. In general, however, only worry if you
haven't received a reply after a month.

>Didn't I include enough info in my response?  I'd *really* like some
>info on a laserjet IIp driver, even if it's just a pointer to an ftp
>site with a reasonable driver and documentation.  Thanks,

You may have included enough info in your response, but you didn't include
enough information here. I need output device AND the machine you want it
to run on. The HP LJIIP is equivalent to the LJIID, LJII, LJIII, and LJ+.
If you already have an LJ+ driver, it WILL work with any of the other
LaserJets that have followed it.

-dh