[comp.text.tex] A gentle introduction to TeX.

desouza@math.berkeley.edu (Paulo de Souza) (03/20/90)

Recently I heard about the existence of a manuscript by Michael Doob
of University of Manitoba, entitled "A Gentle Introduction to TeX-
A manual for self-study".

I don't have the manuscript and I would like to see it and point our
user to that text. Can anybody here point me into the direction of
how to find it ?

paulo de souza                                 desouza@math.berkeley.edu

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (---) (03/20/90)

In article <1990Mar20.003623.7598@agate.berkeley.edu> desouza@math.berkeley.edu (Paulo de Souza) writes:
>Recently I heard about the existence of a manuscript by Michael Doob
>of University of Manitoba, entitled "A Gentle Introduction to TeX-
>A manual for self-study".

>I don't have the manuscript and I would like to see it and point our
>user to that text. Can anybody here point me into the direction of
>how to find it ?

Michael Doob's guide is available from ymir.claremont.edu (very little
TeX stuff isn't ;-) in the directory [anonymous.tex.documentation] Some
other training materials are available from this location as well.

-dh
--
Important note: The Anti-Social Committee will not be meeting this
                week.

yk7m@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU (Kuk Kim) (03/23/90)

> Michael Doob's guide is available from ymir.claremont.edu (very little
> TeX stuff isn't ;-) in the directory [anonymous.tex.documentation] Some
> other training materials are available from this location as well.

There is no such directory there. Please check and let us know again.
Thank you in advance.

--- young