[comp.text.tex] TeX 3.0 manual

eln272v@monu1.cc.monash.oz ( r lang) (04/09/90)

Is there a new edition of the TeXbook due out for TeX 3.0?

Alternatively, is there a list of changes and errata to bring
the TeX 2.0 TeXbook up to TeX 3.0 standard?
If so, where can it be obtained?

--
Russell Lang   Email: rjl@monu1.cc.monash.edu.au   Phone: (03) 565 3460
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering

piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) (04/09/90)

 `
 `Alternatively, is there a list of changes and errata to bring
 `the TeX 2.0 TeXbook up to TeX 3.0 standard?
 `If so, where can it be obtained?
 `
The new TeXbook apparently is being printed. The list of errata appeared
with TUGboat nr 4 of 1989. The file is also available at
labrea.stanford.edu, in directory tex/errata
--
Piet* van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University,
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands.

n220dr@tamunix (Thomas Tschetter) (04/12/90)

In article <1930@monu1.cc.monash.oz> eln272v@monu1.cc.monash.oz (    r    lang) writes:
>Is there a new edition of the TeXbook due out for TeX 3.0?
>
>Alternatively, is there a list of changes and errata to bring
>the TeX 2.0 TeXbook up to TeX 3.0 standard?
>If so, where can it be obtained?
>
>--
>Russell Lang   Email: rjl@monu1.cc.monash.edu.au   Phone: (03) 565 3460
>Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
>Monash University, Australia

I am also interested in a list of changes for the TeXbook.  I just purchesed my
own copy of the TeXbook not too long ago and i would rather not have to shell
out for the book again (I'm much too poor to buy the same book twice).  Are
the changes available through the mail (electronic or real) or can I FTP them
from some where (this would be faster).  Hopefully the changes are in TeX
format (that would seem reasonable).  Thanks for your help.

					Tom Tschetter
					tjt7850@tamvenus.bitnet

In article <4926@helios.TAMU.EDU> n220dr@tamunix.tamu.edu (Thomas Tschetter) writes:
>I am also interested in a list of changes for the TeXbook.  I just purchesed my
>own copy of the TeXbook not too long ago and i would rather not have to shell
>out for the book again (I'm much too poor to buy the same book twice).  Are
>the changes available through the mail (electronic or real) or can I FTP them
>from some where (this would be faster).  Hopefully the changes are in TeX
>format (that would seem reasonable).

	Ok, sorry.  Next time I'll finish catching up on my news before I post.
No flames please.

bschwart@elbereth.rutgers.edu (dumb|am:bl=^G:co#80:cr=^M:do=^J:is=$TERM needs to be setrn:) (04/13/90)

	(    r    lang) writes:
>Is there a new edition of the TeXbook due out for TeX 3.0?

About a month ago I bought the ninth printing, at the Princeton
Univ. Store.  It is the TeX 3.0 edition.  It was a hardcover
printing.

There are errata for this edition on labrea.stanford.edu
in errata/errata.tex.

--
Barry Schwartz              Director, Society for Anachronistic Poetry
bbs@hankel.rutgers.edu      bschwart@elbereth.rutgers.edu