[comp.text.tex] looking for troff bib to BiBTeX

fode@cs.UAlberta.CA (Peter Fode) (05/31/90)

		Hello,

	I'm looking for program that converts bibliographies from the troff
form into BibTeX. It would save me some time if I didn't have to write
a program.

Thanks,

Peter Fode

djs@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (David J. Sturman) (06/01/90)

In article <1990May31.165417.10534@cs.UAlberta.CA> fode@cs.UAlberta.CA (Peter Fode) writes:
>	I'm looking for program that converts bibliographies from the troff
>form into BibTeX. It would save me some time if I didn't have to write
>a program.

Rather than convert to BibTeX you can use Tib which reads refer (troff)
databases and generates TeX or Latex references.  I've been using it
for a while now and am very pleased with it.  The latest version is
v2.2 and can be gotten via anonymous ftp from minos.inria.fr(128.93.39.5).

David Sturman
MIT Media Lab