[comp.text.tex] Looking for dvie24 and Russian.mf

andrewl@hades.OZ (Andrew Lockwood) (05/25/90)

I am looking for any Russian Metafont sources I can find. I
am also interested in a driver for Epson 24 pin printers written
in C. I have looked in the Nelson B. archives here in Australia
without success.

Please forward any information you can via email to:

andrewl@hades.oz.au

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Lockwood
--
     ___     _____   __          Andrew Lockwood  andrewl@hades.oz.au
    /   )      /     /          Ausonics Pty. Ltd.   Ph /61/2/428 6452

roelofs@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Ender Wiggin) (06/05/90)

In article <690@hades.OZ> andrewl@hades.OZ (Andrew Lockwood) writes:

>Please forward any information you can via email to:
>andrewl@hades.oz.au

I regret the need to post this, but since my first message I have been unable
to get mail through to Down Under--I'm now 1 for 4 and giving up.  Perhaps
the postmasters at basser or munnari can discover what happened here...

Mr. Lockwood, my reponse to you is at the bottom of this:  no DVI24PIN source,
but a pointer to where you might find it.

Greg

-------------
From Postmaster@munnari.OZ.AU Mon Jun  4 13:09:57 1990
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 1990 06:09:58 +1000
From: Postmaster@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: undelivered mail returned from ultima.cs.uts.oz
Apparently-To: roelofs@amelia.nas.nasa.gov

MAIL SENT TO "andrewl@hades.ausonics.oz" RETURNED FROM "ultima.cs.uts.oz"

Failure explanation follows :-
Routing loop detected to node "basser"

[...and more of the same...]

Andrew,

I regret that no source code was included, but the docs contain a pointer
to the person who made the changes:  zhang@cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu.  There
was no indication as to when this person created the driver, but the
upload message was dated 29 Jan 1990, so there's a good chance he still
exists (the upload was made by someone at Carnegie-Mellon, however).

Anyway, perhaps this guy will send you his source code.

tj@peirce.cis.ohio-state.edu (Todd R Johnson) (06/05/90)

	I wrote a 24 pin Epson driver some months ago for my Amiga.
It was done by modifying the Beebe drivers.  You can find it
(including the source, which should be as portable as all the other
drivers) for anonymous FTP at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu in pub/amigo.  If
anyone interested does not have ftp capabilities, I will send the
dvie24 code (not the entire package)  to you.

	---Todd

-=-
Todd R. Johnson
tj@cis.ohio-state.edu
Laboratory for AI Research
The Ohio State University

wilker@gauss.math.purdue.edu (Clarence Wilkerson) (06/05/90)

I had modified the Toshiba driver in theBeebe archives for
LQ type codes. For a machine with large memory space this is
rather trivial. However, for a PC, I had to scan pages twice
to form the memory mapped bit image to send to the printer.
   Unfortunately, I lost the code changes in crash and have
only an executable left.
   In the Em-TeX distribution on terminator.cc.umich.edu
there are working 24 pin drivers also, but no source.